Sunday 17 August 2014

Sunday Snippets - Another Gelli Plate Print Card

Good Morning and Happy Sunday to you all ...

... from a not too nice day, weatherwise, here. In fact, it's blowing a hoolie and, as they say around these parts, it's baltic out there! Which is why I'm staying safely indoors, in the craftroom, where I'll be warm and cosy all day long :)
For my Sunday Snippets make for Pixie's Snippets Playground, I have a card made using yet another of my many Gelli plate prints. This print was made using blue, pink, white and green acrylic paints. To create the scene the Wildflower Meadow stencil was laid down when paint was still wet and then lifted off - this has the effect of lifting the paint and leaving an impression of the design on the stencil.

As I've done before, I've trimmed down and attached the print inside a double fold aperture card base, and then stamped the greeting in black ink. To embellish it I've added a couple of butterflies punched from a snippet of dark blue metallic cardstock. The blue satin ribbon is threaded through two slits cut on each edge of the front and then tied in a bow. The die-cut flowers, a gift from one of my lovely blogging friends, were sponged with blue ink before adhering to the left side of the card. And as a final embellishment I've scattered silver sequins on the corners.

The materials used are listed at the end of the post.

I'm also submitting this card to Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge - #12 Summertime Butterflies

Hope you are all having a lovely day.

Happy Crafting,
Materials used: white double fold aperture card; white cardstock for Gelli printing; acrylic paints - blue, pink, white and green; Crafter's Workshop 6x6 Wildflower Meadow Template stencil; Stampin' Up Wetlands set for greeting; Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad; white die-cut flowers from friend; Memento Danube Blue ink pad; snippet of dark blue metallic card; Woodware's small butterfly punch; blue satin ribbon; silver sequins

15 comments:

Jacee said...

This is so gorgeous Elizabeth, such delicate, soft colours, lucky the person that receives this beauty!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

scrappymo! said...

Striking card. The gelli print looks fab and the softly shaded flower die is lovely with it. (I am preactising getting them glued down without incident...those long stems can be a pain! teehee

Keep warm...it wounds cold and stormy there! We have had a couple days of rain..much needed for the gardens, the shrubs and lawn. When it gets up into the 40's or even the high 30's, the gardens struggle. But I hope the rain does not last as I am hoping DH goes off golfing today so i can get out to the bunkhouse and craft! lol

Crafty hugs
Maureen

Craftychris said...

This is beautiful! The Gelli background is fabulous and the embellishments gorgeous. I never think to use sequins and they look fabulous on your card! xx

Sandra H said...

Oh how wonderful Elizabeth is your card this is just so beautiful and perfect in every way xx

Mrs A. said...

This is lovely Elizabeth. The gelli plate background looks perfect with the stencil and the butterflies. I love the colour combinations too. Your ok for entries as well. I have 3bags of sequins which will never get used up unless I Remenver to start using up on cards! Thankyou or lutteing by again. Hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly challenge).

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Elizabeth,

What a beautiful card! Gelli printing is all the craze; I'm trying to resist as I already have so many supplies that I haven't used!

Enjoy the Playground!

Hugs,
Kay

Bobbie Lynn said...

Beautiful Elizabeth. Lovely shades of colors you used on the background. A cool feel to it.
I'm indoors this weekend due to the heat. Very hot this weekend. We hope to see a few days next week of cooler weather. So I have been making some cards and organizing a few things.
Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth. I love the colours you have used.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful.
luv
Debby

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is so beautiful Elizabeth, lovely subtle colours.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Di said...

Really lovely card Elizabeth! LOVE the background - got me thinking about the Gelli plate currently languishing here. Nothing ventured I guess - and the die cut you used is gorgeous!

Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

Forgot to say - the central heating kicked in earlier today! And Arctic conditions forecast over the next couple of weeks, sigh :(

I really thoroughly deadheaded our Queen Elizabeth rose about four weeks or so ago and we have masses of new growth, buds and flowers already!

Hugs, Di xx

Debs Willis said...

What beautiful muted colours. And the die cuts work perfectly
Debs x

Jenny L said...

Hi Elizabeth,
another really superb card.
I love the superb design of this fantastic card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jean said...

This is a really pretty card Elizabeth. It is ages since I used an aperture card but this one suits your lovely little scene perfectly and the poppy die cut is a lovely embellishment.
Jean x