Friday 1 August 2014

First Photoshoot Together Scrap Page

Afternoon Everyone

It's Friday - the start of the weekend - and I keep thinking it's Saturday! Being retired means that there really isn't a great deal of difference between weekdays and the weekends - whatever, I still don't have to get up and go out to work. I do have to work of course ... that's the dreaded 'h....work' ... but, happily, there's just no rush like there used to be back in the day. And I still haven't got used to such freedom!!!

Anyway, I've digressed long enough. I hope you are all well and enjoying your day. I have a scrap page to share today.
Ever since my granddaughter, Jenny, passed on this lovely photo of my two great-grandchildren, Rhian and Brodie, I've been wanting to make a scrap layout with it. The way big sister Rhian cares for her baby brother, making sure he doesn't fall forward, just shines out of it and I think they look adorable ... but then I'm totally biased :)

I matted the photo on to several layers of patterned paper that include varying shades of pink, green, grey and sand. Once that was done it was all adhered to a sheet of coordinating patterned paper, which has been trimmed down (by about ¼" all round) and matted on to a base of plain green cardstock. I then added the title and three clusters of embellishments. Here's a few close-ups that make them easier to see:




The clusters are made up with die-cut labels, stickers, punched shapes, Baker's twine, wood veneer shapes, enamel dots and Washi tape. I'll put a list of materials used at the end of this post.

So another page for the album, loads of stash used up and even a NBUS or two ... now on to the next page. So many to do and so little time :)

Thanks to all who take the time to look at my projects, read this blog, and leave comments when you can - I know you all lead busy lives so appreciate any time taken. I think too that many of you must be on holiday, either vacationing or staycationing,  ... whichever, I hope you are having a whale of a time, even if it is just that you are taking time out to rest and relax and not do much of anything :)

Happy Crafting,

Materials: green cardstock for base; Patterned papers: Scrapcake One Moment In Time collection - In My Hands, Papermania Vintage Notes (green doily & hearts), K&Company Cuddly Friends Chenille (pink dot, Paper Adventures Holly Pond Hill (leafy lattice); green chevron & grey lace patterned Washi tapes; Alphas: Papermania Alphamania Curly Font (pink); Punches: Stampin' Up 1" circle and Woodware tiny heart; Memento London fog ink pad; Enamel Dots: Teresa Collins Summer Stories, My Mind's Eye Winter Wonderland; wood veneer shapes; Vintage Notes Sentiments; green/white baker's twine.

5 comments:

Sandra H said...

Oh Elizabeth this is beautiful and what a lovely photo of your grandchildren they look so content too! x

Jackie said...

A delightful photograph and a beautiful page :o)
Jackie xx

Darnell said...

You have done such a sweet layout to showcase those beautiful great-grands, Elizabeth! You are so right, the tender way she is looking after her baby brother is so evident in her gentle expression! Love that hair, too. Those kids could be in television commercials!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Carole Pollard said...

This is beautiful a scrapbook page to treasure its such a beautiful photo delightful Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

Jenny L said...

Hi Elizabeth,
what a very lovely creation.
A wonderful keepsake as they grow so quick.
I know what you mean about retirement.
Last week I woke up on Saturday,and thought it was Sunday, till my DH put me right.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.