Friday 15 August 2014

Live Every Moment ....

... again! Can you tell I like this stamp :)


I think this IndigoBlu stamp is fast becoming my most used one, it seems to be appropriate for so many cards. This one is for my middle grandson who has just been promoted, found his ideal girlfriend and is enjoying life to the full ... all at the tender age of 23 :)

To make the card I used one of the prints taken from the Gelli plate as the basis for the design. Black, brown and blue acrylic paint has been combined with a That Special Touch stencil, Circles, and bubble wrap to create the pattern. After trimming down, it was matted on to layers of blue and brown cardstock before adhering to the card blank.

The topper was made by stamping the sentiment on to a snippet of white card and then matting and layering as for the base layer.
The hinged greeting ... I spotted this idea on a TV demo. The hinge is made from an off-cut of white card ... I scored the fold first before attaching it to the inside of the card.  The greeting, from My Favorite Things Happiest Birthday Wishes set, is again stamped on to a snippet of white card and matted and layered as before. Before attaching it to the front of the hinge I adhered a tiny scrap of the trimmings from the Gelli print ... you can just about see it peaking out from under the greeting.


The inside and back are also decorated with trimmings from the print matted on to scraps of the blue cardstock.

Lots of snippets and off-cuts of white card used here so I'm submitting this card for examination by Di at Pixie's Snippets Playground.

I'm off now to see what other snippeteers have been making this week.

Hope you are having a lovely day.

Happy Crafting,

Materials used: 6" square white card black; snippets of white card; blue and brown smooth cardstock; acrylic paints, black, brown and blue colours; Creative Expressions That Special Touch Circles stencil; IndigoBlu sentiment stamp (magazine freebie); My Favorite Things Happiest Birthday Wishes greeting stamp set; black dewdrops for embellishment

6 comments:

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hello Elizabeth,
A wonderful card. I'm sure your Grandson will love it. What a great age too. Happy Birthday !

I just say your other post, on your scrapbook layout. Love it. I really need to get back into scrapbooking. I have a look of photos that I want to get into my albums. Thanks for sharing.

So sorry about the bad weather you just had. Glad you are safe.
Yes, it is Friday. Yay! Have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Di said...

Gorgeous card Elizabeth for a young man with lots of good things happening. Gosh you get great results from your Gelli plate - and the hinged greeting is a super idea!

Hugs, Di xx

Sandra H said...

Wow Elizabeth this is so elegant x

Jean said...

This is a great card for a young man, I love your gelli plate print and the stamped sentiment.
Jean x

Cathy said...

Fantastic card Elizabeth, the background looks amazing, love the colours and the pattern and the unusual hinged greeting makes it extra special, Cathy x

BJ said...

Love this card and the way you have used snippets of the main backing all around the card. Love the hinged sentiment too. Yes a great stamp, I ought to use mine more. BJ