Still trying to catch up with the Alphabet series of cards but lagging behind quite badly ... but here's the latest offering. Another first for me, a tag card ... seen a few around blogland and admired them so thought this was an ideal time to try making one.
It was much easier to make than imagined ... an A6 card base covered with a 6x6 sheet of DP, wrapped round to the back and trimmed to fit. A white piece of card cut 7.5cm x 12.5cm formed the basis of the tag - measured to fit the front of the card, top corners snipped to form the tag shape, and strips of paper and card decorate the bottom edge and there's a matted stamped image for the topper . The strips on the tag are varied in shape to add a bit more interest. Gloss and glitter has been added to the bauble on the stamped image and the poinsettia has been shimmer up too, with two coats of VersaMark crystal embossing powder - well, it wouldn't be Christmas without a bit of shimmer and shine :)
Just strips of DP decorate the inside and the back.
- Card base: A5 white card, folded to form an A6 card
- Tag base: Smooth white card 12.5cm x 7.5cm, top corners trimmed to form a tag shape; snippet of embossed gold card for matting and scalloped punched trim; scalloped edge punch
- DP: My Mind's Eye Darling Dear 6x6 paper pad - 1 sheet plus a variety of leftover snippets from co-ordinating sheets
- Stamp: Stampendous Perfectly Clear Mini Joy; Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad; Promarkers - Poppy & Pastel Yellow; Anita's 3-D Clear Gloss; Gold Glitter
- Flower: Small Poinsettia from Wild Orchid Crafts; VersaMark pen; Stampendous Crystal Embossing Powder
- Ribbon: Narrow gold-edged yellow satin ribbon; a hole punch