Monday 17 October 2011

Christmas Alphabet - B for Berries

Hi Folks,

We've had another really miserable day here in paradise - rainstorms all day long. And after such a beautiful day yesterday. Even the road to the hospital had to be closed due to flooding ... goodness knows what happens if there's an emergency in these circumstance! I can only hope tomorrow will be better ... though I'm not holding my breath :)


Here's today's alphabet card and I've used one of my favourite stamps again - Penny Black's Berry Red, Snow White - it's so nice it's probably going to get a fair bit of use in the weeks to come. I broke open a new pad of DP for this one too - Memory Box's Spiceberry. This gorgeous pad contains yummy colours described as cranberry reds, pink poinsettias and olive greens. I've teamed up my choice of paper with gray and white cardstock and lots of festive silver.


The berry scene was stamped is in Versamark on to white card and then embossed with silver - and I rounded the corners. It was then matted on to a gray card mat that's also edged in silver EP.  The flourishes and label were cut from white card ... but I didn't like the white so I embossed them with silver too. I've linked two flourishes together for the side embellishment. The final embellishments are the silver card candy.


 Inside, and on the back, I've used the stamp and Versamark again but left it as a watermark ... you can do this with porous card - and I like the affect. I've just added a square of white card, corners rounded, inside for writing a message on.


The stamped back - looks quite ghostly and atmospheric when you leave the Versamark to dry.

Materials used:

Cardstock - Stampin' Up in Basic Gray and Whisper White, Neenah Solar White card;
DP - Memory Box Spiceberry 6"x6" paper pad
Stamps - Penny Black, Berry red, snow white, Lili of the Valley date stamp, VersaMark ink pad,Heat It Up silver embossing powder, Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: Dies: Spellbinders Shapeabilities Holly Accents, Silver card candy

There was no Monday card making class today - it's the October school holiday here this week ... the children, poor dears, won't be getting out much in this weather.

I'm off to think about the next few letters of the Christmas alphabet - I'm challenging myself to make more than one tomorrow so let's see how I do :)

Happy Crafting,

2 comments:

Jackie said...

What a wonderful card, so beautiful and serene :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

gorgeous card elizabeth.the image is stunning and great colours :D

xx coops xx