Monday 10 October 2011

I'm late, I'm late ...

. . . for a very important date! Yes, I've missed someone's birthday ... and it's really too bad of me :(


I'm hoping this card will make up for my miserable memory lapse - it's the aged grey matter ... sigh! It doesn't cope so well these days ... sigh, sigh!

But, to the card ... the white rabbit is perfect for this sort of card ... like me he's late, for a very important date! As you can see I've thrown in a goodly number of watch faces, some cut out from the DP, and some stamped and embossed on the background. The two watch faces to the left are covered with glossy stuff to give the effect of being covered with glass.


I thought it was good fun to stamp and emboss the white rabbit onto the clock face - something a wee bit different. It's matted onto silver mirri card, as is the trim - which is the bit that edges the 12"x12" DP sheet - and the perfect trim for this card. The spotty edging is black card stamped with Versamark and embossed in white. The two brad embellishments have had the prongs removed, then glued down with Pinflair Glue Gel.


For the insert I used a paper from the Wonderland CD (Polkadoodles ) designed to co-ordinate with the stamp set the white rabbit comes from. I imported the image into My Craft Studio and digitally cut the circular shape ... providing the perfect space for the writing of abject and grovelling apologies :(


Of course, the back had to have a clockface on it too.

Materials used:  
  • Cardstock: Base -smooth black; matting -silver mirri 
  • Design Paper: World Map (Clocks on reverse) from Kaisercraft Timeless Collection; Insert created from Polkadoodles Wonderland CD using My Craft Studio Professional
  • Stamp: Polkadoodles Wonderland set; Stampin' Up Dot, Dot, Dot set; Watch face - freebie from Craft Stamper magazine
  • Embossing powders: Stampendous Midnight Black; Papermania Seafoam White
  • Other materials: Anita's 3-D Clear Gloss Finish; Versamark ink pad; Dovecraft Charm Brads; white copy paper (for insert); scrap of white card for computer generated greeting - font Bradley Hand ITC
The recipient is male, hence the black/white colour choice, and I hope I'll be forgiven now.

I was at card class again today and teacher Evelyn, Evy's Crafty Creations, had me making two lovely Christmassy projects which I will post later - still got to photograph them yet.  My plan for the rest of this evening is to print out some digital stuff from a couple of the Complete Cardmaking with you PC CDs. I bought the magazines some time ago and never found time to try them out ... so tonight's the night :)

Hope you all had a lovely weekend and found plenty of time for crafting.

Happy Crafting,

4 comments:

Di said...

You'll surely be forgiven Elizabeth - this really is a stunner! Very clever and beautifully made. I love it! Di xx Just off to check my Birthday Book in case any birthdays are sneaking up!!

Marie-Louise said...

A great card. I don't think he will mind the fact that it is late when he sees it.

coops said...

fantastic card elizabeth.i love the black and white colours and the image is stunning :D

xx coops xx

505whimsygirl said...

Love the card!!! Wouldn't have thought of just using black and white but love the look. Thanks for the inspiration!!