I'm hoping this card will make up for my miserable memory lapse - it's the aged grey matter ... sigh! It doesn't cope so well these days ... sigh, sigh!
But, to the card ... the white rabbit is perfect for this sort of card ... like me he's late, for a very important date! As you can see I've thrown in a goodly number of watch faces, some cut out from the DP, and some stamped and embossed on the background. The two watch faces to the left are covered with glossy stuff to give the effect of being covered with glass.
I thought it was good fun to stamp and emboss the white rabbit onto the clock face - something a wee bit different. It's matted onto silver mirri card, as is the trim - which is the bit that edges the 12"x12" DP sheet - and the perfect trim for this card. The spotty edging is black card stamped with Versamark and embossed in white. The two brad embellishments have had the prongs removed, then glued down with Pinflair Glue Gel.
For the insert I used a paper from the Wonderland CD (Polkadoodles ) designed to co-ordinate with the stamp set the white rabbit comes from. I imported the image into My Craft Studio and digitally cut the circular shape ... providing the perfect space for the writing of abject and grovelling apologies :(
Of course, the back had to have a clockface on it too.
- Cardstock: Base -smooth black; matting -silver mirri
- Design Paper: World Map (Clocks on reverse) from Kaisercraft Timeless Collection; Insert created from Polkadoodles Wonderland CD using My Craft Studio Professional
- Stamp: Polkadoodles Wonderland set; Stampin' Up Dot, Dot, Dot set; Watch face - freebie from Craft Stamper magazine
- Embossing powders: Stampendous Midnight Black; Papermania Seafoam White
- Other materials: Anita's 3-D Clear Gloss Finish; Versamark ink pad; Dovecraft Charm Brads; white copy paper (for insert); scrap of white card for computer generated greeting - font Bradley Hand ITC
The recipient is male, hence the black/white colour choice, and I hope I'll be forgiven now.
I was at card class again today and teacher Evelyn, Evy's Crafty Creations, had me making two lovely Christmassy projects which I will post later - still got to photograph them yet. My plan for the rest of this evening is to print out some digital stuff from a couple of the Complete Cardmaking with you PC CDs. I bought the magazines some time ago and never found time to try them out ... so tonight's the night :)
Hope you all had a lovely weekend and found plenty of time for crafting.