Sunday again and I'm back with this week's snippet card for Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 253. The theme for this month's SWAP on UKPC was to create a project using shades of grey together with a striking accent colour. After much scratching of the head, searching the old grey matter and a lot of hemming and hawing, this is what I came up with.
Here's how it was made.
- The base was made by cutting a 12"x12" sheet of grey card down to 6"x12" which was folded to create a 6" square tent shaped card.
- The front was covered with a Papermania patterned paper from the Chronology 8"x8" pack.
- The shapes, circles, cogs, etc., were cut from snippets of grey and yellow cardstock (Papermania Textured), using X-Cut's Circles and Spiro Circles die sets.
- Two large Spiro circles were cut from grey and yellow card by putting one die inside the other. I then cut them both in half and glued the grey pieces to the yellow pieces to create something that, with a stretch of the imagination, might just look like parts of massive cogs.
- The small cogs were layered together and fixed with 'nail head' metallic brads.
- The greeting, stamped with Memento London Fog, is from Get Stamping's Life's An Adventure.
I've no idea where the design for this card came from. It was one of those that just started with the base and evolved as I worked on it. And the choice of yellow was a bit of a surprise to me. I'm sure I've said this somewhere on this blog before but I'll say it again, yellow is not my favourite colour. However, I do think that this particularly strong yellow looks well with the gunmetal grey.
Now, I'd better finish. Poldark starts in a few minutes and it just wouldn't do for me to miss it.
Have a wonderful week.