Wednesday, 29 July 2026

WOYWW Week 895/115 - New Desk Shelving

Hello Everyone,

Happy What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday to you all.

I've been busy changing things around on my desk this week. 

I even managed to overcome my dislike of flatpack furniture to make up the shelving you can see at the back there. I was so fed up with the decreasing size of the area I had to work on. Something had to be done and this is it. Look at all that space! 

All I have to do now is keep it that way. 

With all that clearing and reorganising I haven't had much time to do any scrapping but I did manage to create just this page. 

The photos are of Rothesay Castle on the Isle of Bute taken just a couple of weeks ago when we visited the island. It's a ruin but it is still possible to cross the moat to look inside. 

Yet more lovely old stash and leftover scraps were used in this layout. The base paper came from a very old collection from Craft Sensations, 'Capture This Moment'. It's another of my 'so old it's not dated' supplies. 

Most of the embellishments are from Simple Stories collections, 'Simple Vintage Meadow Flowers ' and 'Take Note', and one of the sets of Alpha letters from Alison Kreft's 'Sprinkled With Love' is also undated - purchased years ago from an online store now closed. 

There's been a lot of changes in the scrapbooking world in the 30 years I've been scrapping. It makes me sad to think of all the lovely makers and suppliers that are no longer operating. 

It's just as well I have this little one to make me laugh. She's got no sense of modesty!

That's me for this week. As usual, if you don't already do so, I urge you to join in with WOYWW. You can do this by clicking on this link, Sarah's Craft Shed, where you will be made most welcome. 

Take care and have a fabulous week. 

Elizabeth

3 comments:

Helen said...

Well done on sorting your desk - it looks very neat - hopeyou can keep it that way. I really do need to streamline my supplies (not add to them like I keep doing...) Happy WOYWW Helen #1

ukmaryanne said...

Happy pre-knitting WOYWW!
Love the layout - I get you. I sometimes will come across an old link and be surprised the place is not there anymore. Some suppliers pivoted, most just dropped off the face of the earth. Ah well, so it goes. Silver is looking lovely as ever. And PS - I do love a good flat-pack session! :D
Mary Anne (5)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Flatback furniture! we had some moments with that in the past Lol! Still it's looking good for you. I think they are better than they were. Hubby didn't like them because he said there was nearly always something missing or so he said Lol! Great photo of Silver too. Happy and creative woyww, Angela X7X