Monday 25 August 2014

In A Vase On Monday - Waifs and Strays Find A Home

Evening Everyone,

I'm late. In fact, I thought of not doing this today because I have several vases of flowers already scattered around the house, all because my husband gave me a huge bouquet of gladioli, roses and lilies this morning ... just because I love flowers :) But later I was out in the garden doing a bit of deadheading and in the process gathered a few waifs and strays.
Here they are arranged: red pink and white pinks (dianthus), red roses 'Faithful', cream Californian poppies (eschscholzia) and a few spikes of a very pretty pink sage (salvia).
This last was given to me by a friend, perhaps because he couldn't stand its less than pleasant smell. Fortunately, the pungency is less noticeable once mixed with the pinks and roses.
The eschscholzia were a delightful surprise. I thought the seed I'd sown were yellow and orange ones. I much prefer this beautiful cream colour.
The vase is actually four tiny vases fixed to a plain white tile. I discovered it in our local garden centre and immediately thought it would be perfect for displaying tiny short-stemmed flowers such as these gathered today.

As is now becoming usual, I am linking with Cathy at Rambling in the Garden for her meme, In a Vase on Monday.  Many thanks to Cathy for hosting this and by doing so encouraging me to pick more flowers to bring indoors and enjoy.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty set of vases Elizabeth. That is a gorgeous eschscholzia.

Greta said...

How beautiful! Makes me smile looking at your pictures!

Katherine said...

Gorgeous - I do that too - pick a few flowers when I'm sorting out the garden :)

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful!

Jacee said...

Beautiful flowers Elizabeth, so very pretty.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Anonymous said...

Yes, that eschscholzia is a real star - mind you, I like the look of that pink salvia too, but then again I can't smell it down here! The little snippets of things in this multi-vase work really well - definitely not a dog's dinner!

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty today just love your flowers love and hugs Carole x

Sandra H said...

So pretty x

Jackie said...

A very pretty arrangement, so colourful :o)
Jackie xx

Bobbie Lynn said...

Pretty Elizabeth. I love the buttery colored poppies. Very sweet.

Sarn said...

Very pretty display Elizabeth. xxx