Friday 8 August 2014

A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies Card

Morning Everyone,

Today, I have an aperture card made using up yet another of my Gelli plate prints, one which I think fits well with Mrs A's current Butterfly Challenge - #12 Summertime Butterflies.

The Gelli plate print was created from green, blue, yellow and brown acrylic paints on white card and finished by pressing the Butterflies stamp, one of Docraft's Urban Stamps, on to the surface to remove some of the paint. Again, all I did was attach the print to the back of the aperture in the card base, stamped the greeting and attached the ribbon in the same way as with the Fireweed card. Green and yellow card candy provided the final embellishments.

There's really not much more I can say about this card ... it really was as quick and easy to make as it seems. 

And I'm having to keep it brief too as I'm on my way out. I'm scooting off to town now, to visit the post office ... that's the one situated inside WH Smith's so perhaps, if I'm lucky, I'll be able to pick up the latest issue of Craft Stamper there. Then it's on to The Works in the hope of finding a 12"x12" canvas - saw a great YouTube video that's prompted this latest 'must have' - and finally, as a treat, maybe a browse round Waterstones and a Costa coffee there too - I just love bookshops, especially if they also have a coffee shop :)

I wish you all a lovely day.

Happy Crafting,

Materials used: double fold aperture card base; the Gelli plate print; greeting stamp from Stampin' Up's Wetlands stamp set, Archival black ink; yellow satin ribbon, green and yellow card candy

13 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love this card Elizabeth! It's so pretty and a clever technique :-)
Xxx

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful, Elizabeth! Love the background and the embossed butterflies! Lovely card!

Jenny L said...

Hi Elizabeth,
what a super colour card.
I love your really super design of this.
I'm impressed a jelly plate, when I saw Barbara Grey demo one of these it looked a lot of work, but I can see it is all so worth it.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sandra H said...

This is so beautiful as always you are so creative with your cards x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Elizabeth I'm just catching up with everyone it's been a busy time for us here have a great weekend lots of huggles Sue xx

Carole Pollard said...

Just amazing this is a fabulous design Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

May said...

Gorgeous card Elizabeth, Love the beautiful background & pretty butterflies....Have fun in town... Hugs May x x

Marie-Louise said...

This is gorgeous Elizabeth.

Bonnie said...

I love these white butterflies on the stunning background! A beautiful card!

Mrs A. said...

What a gorgeous card and I love your gelli print with the butterflies. Have come to the conclusion that I am just going to have to fork out for one of those gelli plate things!
Needs must. Thankyou for fluttering by #12. Hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly challenge).

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

wow Elizabeth your work is really inspiring, great work!! Shaz in oz.x

Irene said...

Hello Elizabeth

A beautiful card. The background looks amazing , and the white butterflies stunning. Like you I love a good bookshop with a tea room.

luv
irene
xxxx

Pat said...

This is lovely Elizabeth, and the gelli print looks great with the butterfly imprinted on it. I have a gelli but I haven't tried impressing a stamp in the ink/paint yet, but in your case it has worked brilliantly. x