Monday 4 August 2014

Two Hearts ...

... beat as one!

Morning Folk,

Today's snippet card, for Pixie's Playground of course, brought to mind the lyrics of that old (from the 1980s) U2 number ... gosh, but I'm showing my age!!!
But really it's just another excuse to use up some of those hearts from what must now be the infamous die-cutting session :)

The base is a scrap too - Kraft card folded to create a 4" square card. The bottom front is embossed with a Cuttlebug border folder, Just My Type. Both hearts were cut using my go-to heart die set, X-cut Homespun Hearts: one heart was cut from a snippet of a red patterned metallic card and the other from smooth black card that I embossed with a folder from Basic Grey's Winter Botanical Set. I thought the flower didn't have to be kept for Christmas!

Really, it was as simple as that ... and I have still a bunch of hearts to use yet.

We're off out this morning, and the EM is at the bottom of the stairs right now, just champing at the bit, so I'd better be off.

Be back soon.

Happy Crafting,

7 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Elizabeth, lovely card, gorgeous heart dies and fab colour theme, Kate x

Veerle said...

Lovely card Elizabeth, I love the two hearts.
Thank you for your nice comment on my cool water card.
Have a lovely day, crafty greetings from Veerle x

Sarn said...

Very CAS and cool Elizabeth. Like the Kraft card base.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Way to go - those hearts are coming in very handy! Love the ribbon too Elizabeth!

Hugs, Di xx

annesyme said...

Beautifully simple card, love it.
Anne xx

Carole Pollard said...

Great card love the hearts and that gorgeous ribbon love and hugs Carole x

Jean said...

I love these smart heart die cuts and they look great with the matching ribbon. A lovely card.
Jean x