Sunday 3 August 2014

Sunday Snippets - Fireweed and Butterflies

Hello Everyone,

A quick post today ... I'm off out to visit my daughter, Juli. It's her birthday today :)

Here's my card for Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 136 - with loads of card snippets on it.

On my WOYWW post on Wednesday there was a pile of prints on my desk. I'd pulled them from my Gelli plate, when I was having a play, I mean, when I was have a creative session with it. They had got tucked away in a clear up and lost as a result ... don't you just hate when that happens! Anyway, I stumbled over them when I was looking for something completely different and decided that the time had come, at last, to do make use of them.

Also tucked away was a pack of double fold aperture cards from Card Creations - perfect! I taped the print behind the aperture. Stamped the greeting and then attached the ribbon. I did this by cutting a slit on either edge of the front, threading the ribbon through, and then I tied a bow to the left of the greeting. That done, I adhered one of the folds to the back of the aperture, thus hiding all the messy gubbins underneath :)

To finish the card off, I die cut and punched out various butterflies from a selection of card snippets I had squirrelled away, decorated them with red or gold  liquid pearls and attached them here and there on the card front and print. Job done!

Couldn't have been easier, so why did it take me so long to think about it :) I'll be doing much the same with some of the other prints still lying on my desk.

Right, I'd better get a wriggle on. The EM has just reminded me of the time ... time to hit the road.

Be back soon :)

Edited Note: encouraged by both Mrs A and Di, I have submitted this card to Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge - 
#12 Summertime Butterflies.
Happy Crafting,

Materials used: a white double fold with aperture card from Craft Creations; the Gelli plate print - red, dark blue and white acrylic paints and Sheena's A Little bit Sketch Silhouette Wildflowers; scraps of red, navy and white cardstock; butterfly dies - CArt-Us and freebie from Simply Cards & Papercraft; punch - Woodware small butterfly; inks - Ink It Up! Gold and Memento Rhurbarb Stalk; Liquid Pearls Gold Pearl and Rouge; Red Satin Ribbon

14 comments:

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hello Elizabeth,
A beautiful card and love the colors and layers of texture, very fall.
Happy Birthday day to your Daughter. Hope she had a lovely day.
I enjoyed you "Saturday Sunter" post. Your garden looks so beautiful.
Happy Sunday!

Sarn said...

That's a great find Elizabeth . . . stunning card x

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful! Love the inky background and so perfect in the aperture.

The opening in your folded card is the perfect size for this.

I shall have to have a scout about my room once we are home again as I think I may have some of these type of cards.
My aperture area is much smaller but perhaps a die would help enlarge it...you have given me a great idea.

Beautiful butterflies and beautiful background combine to make this such a lovely card.

Craftychris said...

Fabulous print which has made a gorgeous card! xxx

Carole Pollard said...

Love this its so gorgeous fabulous crafting Love and Hugs Carole x

vic said...

This is stunning love the butterflies I hope your daughter had a lovely birthday!

Vic x

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is your card E;ozabeth and happy b'day for your daughter hope you had a great day xx

Liz said...

Beautiful card - love the colours! I've got a pack of aperture cards packed away somewhere. I think I need to get them out and do something creative with them too! x

Jackie said...

Oh wow, what a beautiful card :o)
Jackie xx

Di said...

Oh this is fabulous Elizabeth! LOVE the rich colours and such a great design. I have some aperture cards hidden away from long ago - time to dig them out I think!

I haven't checked if you entered Mrs A's Butterfly challenge - this is Summer colours to me!

Hugs, Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Would love yo see you enter this in my current butterfly challenge. You have plenty of time as it is running for I month. Colours are perfect. . Hope your daughter enjoyed her birthday. Hugs Mrs a. (Butterfly challenge)

Mrs A. said...

So glad you decided to enter my challenge as
I love this card. Hugs Mrs a. (Butterfly challenge).

Cara said...

Gorgeous card. Love the layout and colors! Thanks for playing along with Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge! (Hugs)

MaryH said...

Yummy card with this brilliant gelli print. That's just gorgeous color. Delightful butterfly trims and what a fantastic card your 'find' became. Good for you! I'm loving your gelli plate prints. TFS & Happy wkend.