Sunday 10 August 2014

Blooming Wonderful - A Sunday Snippet Card

Afternoon Everyone

Oh dear, it's raining here ... guess I'll just have to stay in and craft :)

Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday - whatever the weather!


This card is made using the first of the many prints taken off when trialing the Creative Palette on Wednesday  and as you can see it is very light on ink, a mix of Fire and Limon inks - it was my first trial and I was nervous so was very sparing when applying the inks :) Also because it was my first attempt, I used a snippet of smooth white card to lift the print ... well, it could so easily have been a complete disaster!!!


I used a plastic fork and bubble wrap to add texture before lifting the print. 

Making the card up was simple. I began by stamping the flower spray, flourish and sentiment - all from a couple of stamp sets by Dawn Bibby - with Archival black ink. The flowers are coloured using Memento Markers. Then  I used the deep pink marker (Rose Bud) to draw an edge around the print ... a sort of faux matting!  Finally, after adhering the print to the front of a white card base, I added a few pink dewdrops for embellishment. You'll find a list all the materials used at the end of this post.

I swear my cards are getting simpler! 

I'm entering this card to the following two challenges:
That's Crafty Stamping Ground Challenge - the challenge for this one is to use stamps on your project.

and, of course, as the title to this post suggests:
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 137 - the whole topper is the snippet!

Right! I'm off for a late lunch ... it's Sunday so everything is late today :)

Thanks for taking the time to visit ... I know that when you're busy it's difficult to find the time so even if you are just looking and not commenting it's still very much appreciated.

Happy Crafting,
Materials used: white card base; scrap of white card for the print; Colorbox Crafter's re-inkers in Fire and Limon; brayer; the plastic fork; bubble wrap; Archival black ink pad; Dawn Bibby's Flower & Leaf and Delicate Scroll stamp sets; Memento Markers - Angel Pink, Rose Bud, Dandelion, Cantaloupe, Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves; pale pink dewdrops for embellishment

19 comments:

Craftychris said...

It's gorgeous! I am loving that background! So cool! xx

Sarn said...

Simply gorgeous work Elizabeth.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

MaryH said...

Well, you may say it's simpler, but my gracious...it's not looking simple to me! Loved reading how you achieved this fab print. These inks are not familiar to me but WOW...they sparkle. The fork made such interesting texture as did the bubble wrap, and I really liked your faux matting on the inked images. I'd say this one is an A+, Miss E. Really a stunner. TFS & Hugs

Allthingsinky said...

Stunning Card, Love the background...

Sandra H said...

Elizabeth wow this is so lovely x

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful background, Elizabeth! And such pretty flowers!

Sue said...

This is really lovely Elizabeth gorgeous background! huggles Sue xx

Jackie said...

This is such a pretty card, I love your backing. Love your flutterby card too :o)
Jackie xx

scrappymo! said...

This is a very pretty card on a beautiful background. Off to read the other post to understand how you made it.

Wonderful card, Elizabeth!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

wow this is jus' wunnerful indeedy! Shaz in Oz.x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Carole Pollard said...

Fantastic just love this design and all the detail so lovely Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

Bobbie Lynn said...

Beautiful card. Love the texture and colors. Great coloring on your flower and leaves.
I also like your other card too, the butterflies. Wonderful background. Summer or fall card.
Thank you for your visit and the dark sunflower is part of a seed mix but I think it maybe called Moulin rouge by Botanical Interests. This one did not get as tall as the other one did.
Have a wonderful week.
Blessings.

Di said...

Wow Elizabeth - this really is gorgeous, you made such a lovely background and then finished it with a beautifully designed and made card.

Oh gosh, dewdrops - I've got a load of those I keep forgetting about!

Hugs, Di xx

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Elizabeth, my fellow blog hopper! Eeek!
Hugs
xx

Jean said...

A beautiful card. The background you made is lovely and the stamped flower is very pretty.
Jean x

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth, the background is so pretty, love the colours and the texture, Cathy x

Sue - said...

Gorgeous background. I'm guessing the creative palette is similar to a gelli plate.

Godelieve said...

Wow, this is such a pretty card! Great colors and nice textures.