Saturday 23 August 2014

Flowers Are Poetry - Another Gelli Plate Print Card

Afternoon Everyone,

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

I have yet another card I made earlier, this time for the UKPC August Swap, and once again I've used a Gelli plate print as the basis for the design.
I went a bit wild with my choice of paint colours for the print - blues, pinks, yellows, green and white. The flower design on it was created using a selection of stamps from Kanban's Spring Meadow set to remove some of the paint from the plate before lifting the print.

The allium stamp used for the topper came from the same Kanban set. The stamp was inked up using a mix of  Memento markers - Danube Blue, Rosebud, Cantaloupe, and Bamboo Leaves before stamping on a square of white card. Papermania Textured cardstock was used for matting and Anita's gems decorate the alliums.
The hinged greeting is stamped with Hero Art's Flowers Are Poetry and a couple of tiny stamps from the Kanban set - again, I've used Memento Markers to ink up the stamps.

As usual for me, the inside and the back are decorated with the trimmings from the print. 

That's it ... another quick post from me today.

I'm absolutely shattered after my day out to the flower show yesterday. I must have covered quite a few miles walking round the stalls and in and out the various marquees - all good fun but, in the end, quite exhausting!

To make up for all that exercise yesterday, I've spent a bit of quiet time, pottering in the garden - until the breeze blew me indoors and into the craft room. I've been making flowers which I'm so pleased with I think I'll write up a wee 'how to' tomorrow. For now, I'm off to have a cuppa and a bit of a break before tackling supper.

Happy crafting,

5 comments:

Sandra H said...

Simply gorgeous Elizabeth and l'm not surprised your tired with all the walking it's amazing how much you do and not realise hope you enjoyed your day though x

annesyme said...

Gorgeous card love the allum stamp and your Gelli art.
Anne x

Jacee said...

This is beautiful Elizabeth, I absolutely love it!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL and my gelli plate is still in the bag after arrival several weeks ago....gotta get it out soon...love your card and the colours are gorgeous...xxxx♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

Jean said...

This is fabulous, I love the vibrant colours in you gelli print and the lovely stamped flowers.
Jean x