Monday 8 April 2013

The Wonder of Christmas - a CHNC & Snippet Card

Evening Folks

I hope you've all had a great Monday - for some of you, that's the worst day of the week over and done with and that can't be bad :)

I've had the mother and father of a nose bleed today - took ages to stop too - so not a lot of crafting done. But I do have a card I made for Crafty Hazelnut's Challenge - 119. As I missed last week, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss this week too.


Hazel's requirement is for us to use the word 'Christmas' and I think this sentiment from Claritystamp does the job perfectly. This is the first time I've used the ruler I got from Dunelm Mill recently - the one with the piercing holes.


Materials used: 
  • A6 size white base card
  • dark red cardstock for matting - found in the snippet pile
  • smooth white cardstock slightly smaller for topper, pierced around the edges
  • Claritystamp May the Wonder stamp stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed using Heat-it-Up silver powder
  • red silk ribbon - exactly the same shade of red as the matting cardstock, how lucky is that?
  • silver trim - I think this is an Anna Griffin trim
  • grey pearls from stash
And before I forget, I'm also submitting this to Hazel's Extra Challenge for April and, of course, when snippets are mentioned, it means I'm skipping over to Di's and visit Pixie's Crafty Snippet Playground - Week 67 too.

Right, I'm off to get some sleep and hope that tomorrow runs a little more smoothly than today has - no more nosebleeds :)

Take care everyone and happy crafting,



 

10 comments:

Krisha said...

Hi Elizabeth, this is a beautiful Christmas card!! I love the sentiment. Hope your nose stays dry and you feel better.

scrappymo! said...

Great card...you will be well set for Christmas this year.
Loving that piercing ruler you got...what a brilliant idea! It looks so great on your card.

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, I love the sentiment :o)
Jackie xx

Di said...

Love this very elegant card Elizabeth - beautifully made too. Isn't it wonderful when we find such a perfect ribbon match - and I do love the sentiment. Still working through the Barbara Gray double DVD here and really must do more embossing :)

Hope the nose bleed hasn't returned.

Hugs, Di xx

Hazel said...

Sorry to hear about the nose bleed - hope that's the end of it (the bleed, not the nose - lol!). Gorgeous card - love the Clarity sentiment stamp and the piercing is beautifully done - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. X

Sandra H said...

lol just laughing at Hazel's comments .... so amusing! your card is gorgeous Elizabeth my hubby is just at present getting lots of nose bleeds nots pleasant are they hope thats the end of them for you take care xx

Sarn said...

Yeah . . . well, blood on your handmade card is never a good look is it?

Poor you. Hope you feel better now.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Gillian R said...

this is so pretty

Bubbles said...

Hazel... LOL!!!
Elizabeth, your card is so stunning - I love it!
Just visiting from the Crafty Snippets Playground,
Bubbles
at Patchwork Apples
# 35

Helen said...

Beautiful - a really elegant card.

Thanks for joining CHNC.

Helen x
(GDT Member)