Friday 26 April 2013

Purple Icelandic Poppy Seed Head Card

Hello Everyone

Hope you are all having a lovely day. The gorgeous sunshine we've been enjoying enticed me out into the garden for half an hour or so, just to do a bit of spring cleaning and tidying up after the winter.

The card I have to share today is one I printed out and coloured just before I became ill. I remember that I suddenly had to make several sympathy cards all about the same time and it concerned me that I had none made up and ready for such sad occasions. So I set about designing one that could be made quickly whenever required.


I created the card using Serif Craft Artist and this lovely digital stamp, Icelandic Poppy Seed Head, created by Jane Clempson. Jane (Janey) is a professional gardener who also draws the most beautiful, and tempting, floral digi stamps. You can read more about her, her gardening 'obsession' and see the gorgeous cards her DT create using the stamps on her blog, Janey's Digi Designs.


The seed head was printed out on to Papermania's white textured cardstock and then sponged with a combination of Adirondack Earthtones Eggplant ink - in the centre - and Tim Holtz distress ink, Shaded Lilac - on the surrounding area. The tiny seed heads were just touched gently with a Lilac ProMarker. The greeting is computer generated using the Ancestry SF font found on my PC.


For me, the beauty of digital stamps is that they can be tweaked making it easy to alter the size for both the insert and the back of the card.

So there it is, a simple design that I've saved on the computer ready to be printed off whenever the need arises - not too often, I hope.

My electronic diary has just today reminded me that National Scrapbooking Day is coming up on May 4th. With that in mind, my plan for the weekend, and through to the day itself, is to spend much of it scrapping. Well, I could not pass up the perfect excuse to get stuck into my favourite pastime :))

Here's wishing you all an enjoyable weekend wherever you are, and whatever you are doing. Oh, and whatever the weather is like :)

Take care and happy crafting,

15 comments:

Jane said...

Of course I'm biased BUT...this is simply stunning! I think definitely Less is More here for such a card. Shrinking the image on the inside too is a beautiful finishing touch. Great idea. Thank you soooooo much for sharing Elizabeth (and the plug!) xxx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth. Wonderful clean and simple card that is very elegant.
Hope you are feeling better now.

Alison Scott said...

A beautifully elegant card. So suitable for the occasion.
Hope you get lots of scrapping done. I will need to get myself started again.
Have a good weekend.

Angie said...

Such an elegant card.
BTW ....What sun? ... we were overcast and then the heavens opened...then a dry hour or so...followed by giant hail stones!!!!!

Bonnie said...

Simple and serene. A perfect sympathy card! I love how you've carried the design to the inside and back. Very classy!

MagsB said...

What a fabulous CAS card! I love the wash of colour behind the flower head! Gorgeous!

love Mags B x

Krisha said...

Love the CAS of this card, quiet but speaks volumnes!

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, just perfect for those sad occasions :o)
Jackie xx

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, just perfect for those sad occasions :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card and love how the flower head is used inside the card too.
luv
Debby

coops said...

simply gorgeous elizabeth.beautiful design and flower :D

xx coops xx

Fat Dormouse said...

What a beautiful card - and very appropriate for the sentiment too. I am envious of your talents!

Dormouse (dormouse.wibsite.com)

Sandra H said...

Elizabeth your card is so Elegant xx

scrappymo! said...

Oh my...shrinking the image to fit the inside of your card was a brilliant ide...looks fabulous!

MaryH said...

Really liked this one too. Seeing this color combo makes me even more aware of how your later yellow changed the look of this image on another card. This one feels a bit more somber (and still lovely though). Great job. Forgot to say thanks for the 'faux diecut' terminology. I'll have to remember that. TFS & Hugs