Friday 5 April 2013

Blue Tit Card - A Watercoloured Image

Evening All,

I have a very quick share for you this evening, another one for Di's Crafty Snippet Playground, and it's this:


I think I've mentioned it often enough before, I love all the little feathered friends that visit my garden. Currently I've noticed two blue tits who come regularly to the feeder and they have reminded me that I had this tucked away in my stash.


It's only been there for nigh on two years! It was one of the pieces I coloured whilst on a holiday to Wales - it was put away on my return and since then forgotten. Mainly because, as I remember, I couldn't decide what would be the best way to use it.


Well, finally, I have found a use for this little chap.

Materials used: 
a cream card base 4.5" square from Ocean of Crafts
the blue tit stamped and coloured with AquaMarkers and watercolour pencils on watercolour paper
a mid-blue cardstock (for matting)
Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Sketchy 2, Faith, stamp set (for bird) and A Little Bit Sketchy Poppies and Daisies (for greeting)
ProMarkers Caramel and Denim Blue (for edging)
Tim Holtz DI, Brushed Corduroy for the greeting

I have a wee plan. It is to create packs of cards to give as gifts to family and friends. Hence, they have to be quick, easy and not too dimensional, oh and not too expensive either. So not only will it be a good use of all those snippets and toppers I have amassed, but they would all have a wee stock of cards to dig into as and when needed. Well, that's the plan ... now, how many will I need to make?!?!

Having said that ... I'd better get on. But first, a nice cuppa is in order, methinks :)

I hope you are all well and looking forward to an enjoyable weekend. I'll be checking out what Barbara Gray is up to in her workshop tomorrow ... I believe she is bringing the gelli mat to the classroom so that should be interesting.

Take care and happy crafting,

10 comments:

Angie said...

I love Blue Tits ...second to Peacocks. This makes a lovely card ...xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah Elizabeth have this stamp too and like you have not sued it at least you inked and coloured it I have not even moved along that far but great card and great colours too TFS Shaz in Oz.x

PS made a hole lot of little one layer notelets lately too and keep making more ans keep thinking of more folk :D

Marie-Louise said...

This is just lovely Elizabeth.

Jackie said...

A beautiful CAS card Elizabeth, lovely way to use a lovely stamp :o)
Jackie xx

Di said...

Elizabeth, this is gorgeous - beautiful water colouring and your idea for using snippets up when making notelets is great!

The blue tits here are checking out the nest box - although during the Winter we had quite a little flock sleeping in there (aw) - so there's likely to be some Spring cleaning needed! Such pretty little birds and you did this one proud!

Hugs, Di xx

Cathy said...

Very pretty card Elizabeth, love that little bird image :)Cathy

coops said...

so gorgeous elizabeth.the bird is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Sandra H said...

Hi Elizabeth, Such beautiful colouring we have wagtails in our garden at the moment yellow breasts very pretty birds as is this one you have coloured its simply gorgeous xx

scrappymo! said...

This is so very pretty. This little bird has beautiful colours...I love the blue and the yellow colours...nature is so beautiful!

I am busy dong up sets of notecards too. I think they make great gift and we all have the supplies to use up so why not!

Bonnie said...

I love the little titmice! Ours are gray and not quite so pretty. Such pretty coloring, Elizabeth!