Wednesday 3 April 2013

WOYWW - Wk 200

Hello Everyone,

This post for What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, of necessity, will have to short, sharp and to the point - because I am sooooooooooo late!!! And I won't even pretend that this is what my desk looks like now ...


... no, that's what it looked like late last night. But, you can be assured it hasn't improved much since. I was in the middle of altering that little heart-shaped box (smallest one of three - an Ikea find) to something pretty.

What you see are supplies used in the project. There's also a couple of painted canvases - well, I mixed up too much paint, it would have been a shame to waste it.

This morning, I persevered and here's the finished box:


After painting the box inside and out, I cut heart shapes from a dark blue Core'dinations cardstock and a Kanban embossed card in blue and silver and adhered these to the lid - see the first photo. The sides of the box have been stamped with VersaMark and embossed with Heat It Up silver powder. The turquoise rose trim (from stash)  has been attached using a hot glue gun - as has the flower and ribbon embellishment on the lid. The ribbon - which has been lingering in my stash for many months, is one of those that has a cord threaded through it - you pull the cord and, hey presto! ... you have a many-looped bow!


I feel and explanation for my tardiness is due, especially to Julia, our noted Head of Workdesks over on Stamping Ground. Well, I almost decided not to participate at all today. You see, it's just possible I may not be around for the next few days ... I've been called for Jury Service! Of course, it's just as possible that I may turn up at the court tomorrow morning and they might decide they don't need my services after all ... we shall see. However, it does mean that blog-hopping time may be severely limited so apologies in advance.

And apology follows apology. I'm sorry if I did not get around to visiting you last week ... family visits over Easter got in the way. I hope to make up for all this neglect over the next few weeks ... as soon as I get this jury thing out of the way :)

Happy WOYWW and happy crafting,


22 comments:

Eliza said...

Oh Elizabeth your little heart box is perfect in every way. Trully stunning creation.

Love your puddy tat Bonnie on the side watching us.

Happy WOYWW
Eliza 41

Di said...

What a fabulous box Elizabeth! Beautifully made with such a pretty result.

I haven't time to join in WOYWW this week but wanted to say how much I love this. Good luck with the Jury Service!!

Hugs, Di xx

Anonymous said...

What a pretty, feminine little box! Lovely!

Happy WOYWW

MA (1)

Helen said...

The heart box is just fabulous! Hope you get spared jury service (unless you want to sit of course!) and can visit some desks instead.. have a good week. Helen, 4

Anne said...

Hello Elizabeth. The box is beautiful. Thankyou again for the stamp you sent for my b'day. Used already!!! I did Jury Service twice!! Actually enjoyed it. Anne x ( was at 51 )

Annie said...

Good luck with your jury service. I love your little box....such a pretty job you've done.
Hugs,
A x # 46

Sandra H said...

Wow what a fabulous Heart box Elizabeth love all of the lovely embellishments used your so creative xx

Belinda said...

Oh Elizabeth I love the heat box. So pretty. I am really embracing the pretty floral projects since I used to do a lot of masculine scrapbooking with two boys. The flowers are so lovely and the edging is devine. Thank you for sharing.

Have a blessed day!
Belinda (37)

Unknown said...

That box is GORGEOUS. I love everything about it, especially the color. happy crafting #92

Marie-Louise said...

Absolutely beautiful box Elizabeth.

Twiglet said...

Perfect little box. Hope jury service goes well - might be interesting. x Jo

Kelly said...

The box turned out beautiful! I can see several of these as bridesmaids gifts. Hope if you have to serve, it's an interesting case. Creative Blessings for a great week! Kelly #103

ria gall said...

what a really pretty box just delightful I love it

Enjoy your WOYWW sunny day today
Ria #64

Maisie Moonshine said...

Beautiful box, love it. MMx #73

glitterandglue said...

A lovely box - well done Elizabeth.
Margaret (glitterandglue 80)

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Elizabeth, your box is very pretty and feminine... is it for something special or just because?
i hope the jury service works out ok and is nothing grizzly
janet #27

MaryH said...

Awesome box. Must have taken a lot of patience to stamp along the sides like that. Really turned out stunningly though. Good luck with the jury duty! I've been missing WOYWW, just cuz I don't have the spare time to pay a lot of visits at the moment. Hope to get back to it soon though! I'm just doing a little cruisin' tonight to see some pretties before bedtime. TFS

Jackie said...

This is such a pretty box. Good luck with the jury service :o)
Jackie xx

BJ said...

Was just about to comment last night when my wireless connection went down! Such an adorable little box, love it. Is it for anyone special? Oh my goodness Jury service, you'll have to tell us what that is like! BJ#60

May said...

Gorgeous box Elizabeth, Adorable.. Good luck with the Jury service!! Hugs May x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Elizabeth,

happy 200 WOYWW
ah, awesome desk and have seen the results cos am slow at getting around do love the vellum flowers with the bedazzles too well done! Shaz in Oz. #9

Mind you not sure really what a bedazzle kit is??! :D

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Gorgeous box!