Monday 1 April 2013

Rose Birthday Card - A Snippet Make

Hello Everyone

Happy Easter Monday to you.

I hope you have all had as good a holiday as I have - despite the cold weather! I had family over yesterday - my daughter, her husband and the two youngest grandchildren. They are not so little anymore, 13 and 9 years old ... where are the years going :)

So this is the card I was going to share yesterday ... it's for Pixie's Crafty Snippets Playground - Week 66.


The topper is one of my own photographs, a rather lush old-fashioned rose.


The background is embossed with a lovely brocade patterned folder I have had for some time and never used ... shame on me! And I dug into the box of snippets for the fishtail pennant.



Strips of leftover embossed card decorate the inside and back - well,  it would only clutter up the snippet box otherwise.

Materials: Kanban A6 white card base; Scraps of the following:- smooth red card, Docrafts black/white patterned paper and S.E.I. Elegance Soul Mate embossed paper; Photograph of a red rose; Cuttlebug 5"x7" embossing folder, Kassie's Brocade; Hero Arts Classic Messages stamp set and Stampin' Up label punch; Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad

Right, I'm off to see what Di has to say today and then hopefully do a bit of blog-hopping before tea time.

Take care everyone and happy crafting, 

12 comments:

Jackie said...

A beautiful card and a lovely photograph :o)
Jackie xx

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Elizabeth
lovely card, the photo is great too.
janet

Lynn said...

A brilliant card - such a lovely photograph. Lynn x

Sandra H said...

Totally stunning Card Elizabeth and beautiful centre flower you have used xx

Victoria said...

Absolutely gorgeous colours and the flower is simply stunning!

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth. Love the rose topper.

Cathy said...

Hi Elizabeth, the word luscious came to mind when I saw your card! The gorgeous embossing on the red and the lovely flower go together so beautifully :) Cathy

scrappymo! said...

Lovely card...Your photo is wonderful! Great snippets card.

Di said...

Phew - absolutely gorgeous Elizabeth! Brilliant use of snippets and the flower is divine.

Now, why am I not at all surprised I didn't catch a canny wee Scot like you out yesterday :)

Laughed so much, Mary Mac subsequently pulled the same trick on her craft class - one of the gals only snuck out and stocked up (I think it's run in a craft shop) then returned triumphantly saying what she'd done and that word mustn't be out yet as they had loads of stock :))

Hugs, back to normality now - whatever that might be!

Hugs, Di xx

coops said...

so gorgeous elizabeth.really fab design and your rose is beautiful :D

xx coops xx

MaryH said...

Your rose is so lovely....what a good idea to use the photo as a card element. Worked amazingly. I liked your embossed red background, and the gray stripe paper was perfect with all the red. Liked the inside as well. Another good idea I shall remember! TFS- both the lovely rose & your beautiful card.

Debs Willis said...

Loving the red embossed background, very regal!
Debs x