Tuesday 9 April 2013

Lime and Black - the Less Is More Challenge

Evening All,

I hope you've all had a good day and a relaxing evening.

The challenge over at Less Is More, Week114,  is to use the colours Lime and Black. Now, lime is a colour I rarely use even though it is so refreshing and zingy and green is one of my favourite colours. So I thought I'd have a go and here's my little effort.


The pretty vine stamp is from a Docrafts Country Companions stamp set. It was stamped directly on to the card using  Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then the leaves and flower were coloured, with a Leaf Green ProMarker.


A VersaMarker pen was used to cover the leaves and the green parts of the flower before covering with Sheena's Wow Lime Light embossing powder. I found the VersaMarker is not quite as effective as the VersaMark ink pad, and I had to go over the leaves a couple of times to create enough tackiness to hold the embossing powder.

I wish you all a good night and happy crafting,

10 comments:

fairy thoughts said...

this really proves that less is more fab card. thanks for your comments earlier. I will look for your desk later
janet

Chrissie said...

This is a lovely CAS card Elizabeth.
Thanks so much for joining us.
Chrissie
Less is More

Marie-Louise said...

A fantastic clean and simple card Elizabeth. Really lovely.

Jackie said...

What a beautiful CAS card :o)
Jackie xx

brenda said...

What a very elegant CAS card Elizabeth.

B x

Bea said...

Lovely CAS card Elizabeth. I often find old Anita's stamps that I have forgotten and they are often just the right one.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A perfect CAS card Elizabeth - the vine stamp is so pretty, and beautifully coloured.

Have a lovely day - Sylvia xx

Sandra H said...

This is lovely Elizabeth clean and simple and yet so Elegant too x

Di said...

This is a lovely, elegant LIM card Elizabeth! I love it! Hugs, Di xx

coops said...

simply gorgeous elizabeth.i love the sparkle on your leaves :D

xx coops xx