Saturday 13 April 2013

Sympathy Card in Navy and White

Evening Everyone,

Third time today! I thought it was time I shared one of the many cards I've made recently.


This one was made to send to a blog buddy on the loss of her mother. It's a simple design, fairly flat for posting, and, because I personally do not like black for sympathy cards, I've chosen navy and white.


Using another of my flower photographs for the topper, can't remember what this particular flower is called, a simple card made with embossed card and ribbon trim. The sentiment is stamped on the inside.


Materials used:

  • a white card base
  • navy card from a Generations cardstock stacker
  • a scrap of white cardstock
  • Cuttlebug folders, Cindy Loo and the dotty one from the Just My Type embossing borders
  • cropped photograph of a white flower
  • Hero Arts Classic Messages stamp set and Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
  • length of blue ribbon
Sadly, I have two more of these cards to make. Perhaps it would be wise of me to have a wee stock of them tucked away but I just find them too difficult to make.

On a happier note, it's my sister's birthday this week and I have a card to make for her too.

It's time for the last cuppa of the day so I'm off. 

See you again soon and happy crafting,


7 comments:

Alison Scott said...

A lovely card for a bad occasion, Elizabeth.
Enjoy your tea!

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth.

Jackie said...

A wonderful card Elizabeth and that flower is perfect for it. It's never easy making sympathy cards so maybe it would be better if you did make them when they were not needed!
Jackie xx

Craftychris said...

What a beautiful card. Perfect for the occasion. I had never though of using navy for a sympathy card - I think its a brilliant idea and I may borrow the idea if you don't mind? xx

Sandra H said...

Not easy cards to make but you have created a beautiful one Elizabeth xx

Jules said...

Hi Elizabeth

One of my least favourite cards to make .. .. probably because I don't like to think people have lost someone they love .. .. but you have done a fabby job here.

Loving the navy and blue along with your photograph as a topper.

Sorry you have to make more sympathy cards :-( but your Sister's card will lighten the craft space. I hope she has a lovely birthday.

Love Jules xx

Hettie said...

This is a beautiful card for a very sad occasion. Like the navy idea. I often use purple for the same reason.
Hugs
xx