Monday 22 April 2013

Just saying hi! ... and catching up

Hi Folks,

Well, after a bad week or so, I'm back and over the worst. I'll be taking it easy for a wee while but hope to resume normal service in time.

I hope you are all well and, indeed, been having a great crafting time while I've been out of action :)

So there's a bit of housekeeping to be done ... I mean on this blog, of course. But, there again, you should see the layer of dust here in Worthington Towers! For those of you who have not tested the theory that dust displaces itself if left long enough, you will probably not be entirely surprised to hear there's no truth in it ... the layer just keeps building :(

First thing for me to do is to at long last answer that little teaser I left you all with way back in this post here. I asked if any of you could guess what this was.


Lots of clever suggestions - a boardwalk, a pallet, a bridge, etc. - all wrong, though. Only Lynn, Lynn's Crafty Corner, got it spot on:


It's a very modern beach bench! Clearly maintenance free and stylish. But, I think it would be singularly unpleasant to sit your sit-upon down on it after the sun has been blazing down on it for a couple hours ... particularly in a bikini. Ouch!

The other pressing item that needs to be attended to is the book giveaway, #4, Artist Trading Cards.

Without further prevarication ... only because while I was feeling so grim I forgot to photograph the proceedings ... the winner is:


Congratulations Dormouse ... if you will kindly email me at ellie.worthington@sky.com, giving your postal details, I will send it out to you as soon as possible. 

Dormouse mentioned in her comment that she is just getting into ATCs ... I think this little book is the perfect starting off point so should suit perfectly :)

I'll post another book giveaway this coming Saturday, #5 ... one with a scrapbooking theme this time. So if you are interested in scrapping be sure to look out for it.

I haven't crafted a single thing for over a week and my desk is cluttered high with a mix of various projects I was working on, mail that has come in and not been put away and anything else that the EM could find a home for. 

Talking of the EM, he has been an absolutely brilliant carer - I don't know what I'd have done without him ... oh, and the Boss is eternally grateful to him too :)

I'll leave you with this photograph taken of the Kerria, Golden Guinea, growing in our garden ...


... the bright and cheerful yellow flowers certainly light up a dark corner. I could almost believe that spring has sprung :)

Take care everyone and keep crafting,



9 comments:

Anne said...

Hello it's good to see you blogging again, take it easy though. The Kerria, Golden Guinea is beautiful. Anne x

MagsB said...

Welcome back! I absolutely agree with you about the beach bench - very pretty, but on a hot day it would double as a BBQ!

What a lovely photo of an exquisite flower!

Take care, and take it easy!

love Mags B x

Alison Scott said...

Hello Elisabeth, lovely to see you back.
Wow that beach bench will be responsible for some stripy burns in the summer!
Hope you are fighting fit soon.

Marie-Louise said...

It's good to see you back Elizabeth. Take it easy for a while - the dust can wait.
Beautiful flowers.

l00pyscraftcreations said...

Glad you're a bit more Pecker, hun, dust will only replace itself if shifted, so take it easy, lol. And that bench ................ hmmn less said is best I think lol

Di said...

Hi Elizabeth - I was going to email you to check how you are. Hope you feel loads better really soon - just take it easy, and give the lovely EM a hug from me for all his care.

Love and hugs, Di xx

John Going Gently said...

Nice to see you are alive x

Jackie said...

Welome home Elizabeth, I am pleased to hear that you are getting there...hugs.
Lovely flower photograph and a good teaser, I would never have guessed what it was :o)
Jackie xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah Elizabeth, so sorry youve been unwell, thank goodness for loving partners huh. the Kerria is quite beautiful isnt it...hope for a real spring yet! you take it easy girlfriend.