Tuesday 24 July 2012

Two Tall Thin Cards


Hi Everyone,

Apologies for being MIA ... I've been without my PC for couple of days ... disaster :(

Fortunately, a quick call and my techie wizard, who knew immediately what was ado, was round in a flash to put my little world to rights once more.

Unfortunately, nothing could be done about the freezer that died at the weekend ... water all over the kitchen floor kind of died! It has now been consigned to the town's refuse disposal place and, as we have also got one of those tall fridge/freezers, we have decided not to replace it. Bonus: the kitchen now looks even more spacious without it :)

Okay, enough of that, on to the share for today.


Two quick and easy cards made using the long, thin toppers from the Kanban Rose Garden sheet ... the same one I used on my SILs card I posted about a few days ago. Thought I'd better use them up, otherwise they would linger in the stash for goodness knows how long :))

I added glitter to the rose petals, it's very pretty but doesn't show up too well in the photograph. Cards like these are really handy to have tucked away in the card drawer.

Materials used:
Craft Essentials white base cards, 3.5" x 8"
Kanban's Rose Garden toppers
Iridescent glitter and glue pen
Short leftover lengths of pink satin ribbon for one and mint green grosgrain ribbon
Pink pearls; green gems


Simples! Well, it would have been if it weren't for tying those bows ... they took me forever :)


Hoping to get back to normal now that I'm back online which means I'll be back tomorrow for WOYWW.

In the meantime, I'm working on a scrap layout that seems to be taking me forever :(

I hope you are all well and, for those down south, enjoying the long overdue summer and the beautiful sunshine.

Happy crafting,


7 comments:

Victoria said...

I hear you on the bows thing... the first one I do is usually ok and then I decide it isn't neat enough, spend the next ten minutes tying even worse ones and then settling for a bow that wasn't as neat as the original one in the first place. Beautiful roses to accompany the beautiful bows!
Sorry to hear of your computer and freezer woes. Our fridge/freezer died in December which caused quite a few difficulties.

Sandra H said...

Both card Elizabeth are gorgeous and the layout is lovely too, such a pain when an electrical appliance goes bust but like you said more kitchen space and if you can do without replacing it that's great:)x

Allthingsinky said...

Evening Elizabeth, Two beautiful Cards love how you added the glitter to the rose petals, Beautiful...

scrappymo! said...

The glitter on those rose petals really sets them off.

Marie-Louise said...

Pretty, pretty cards Elizabeth and useful for so many occasions.

coops said...

so beautiful elizabeth.the roses are stunning and i love your soft colours :D

xx coops xx

Di said...

Beautiful cards Elizabeth! And I can see the sparkle :)

A little trick for bows, if you're tying them with one piece of ribbon, have you tried wrapping the ribbon as normal but actually tying the bow at one side of the card using the straight edge/spine of the piece of card as a sort of centre point? Then you just need to slide the bow round to the centre of the card, possibly slightly bowing the card to enable the sliding? Using the edge gives the 'purchase' you need. I got this tip ages ago from Kirsty Wiseman and it's a lifesaver for 'proper bows' - otherwise I use Jules' trick of wrapping one strip of ribbon and sticking it well to the back and then just knotting ribbon round, or making a bow, but this doesn't work for bows on horizontal ribbon as well 'cos the bow naturally wants to lie sideways. That's mainly when I use the 'spine' tip.

Coo, bet you know this already anyhow!

Belated Happy WOYWW, hugs, Di xx #13