Monday 2 July 2012

Breathe ... A Snippet Card

Afternoon Folks,

I trust you all had a wonderful weekend and Monday isn't proving to be too much of a blow to the system :)

Here we are at the start of July ... schools out and it's time to have fun ... well, that is, if the weather ever cheers up here in the UK :(

This is the time when most of us are yearning for some down time spent on a hot and tropical beach in faraway places!


I thought that this Breathe sentiment went perfectly with the stamped image, Umbrella Beach ... both from Stampendous. The image is coloured with Promarkers in shades of aquas, greens, oranges and sand. Both image and sentiment are edged with an aqua Promarker - the alternative would have been to use some aqua coloured card for matting and I didn't have any in my snippet drawer!


Materials used:
Cream base card
Wild Rose Studio's Kalahari Dreams 6x6 paper pack - one full sheet and snippets of coordinating designs
Watercolour card for the beach scene - a snippet is all that's needed
Smooth white card for the sentiment- again a snippet is all that's needed
Memento ink pad, Tuxedo Black
Stampendous Stamps, Umbrella Beach and Breathe
Promarkers in shades of aquas, greens, oranges and sand
White opaque pen - for faux stitiching
Narrow olive green organza ribbon; orange paper flower; small pale blue button; aqua coloured gems - all from stash


In photos the base card doesn't look particularly creamy in colour, but trust me, it is!

I'll be submitting this card to Di' over at Pixie's Crafty Snippet Challenge - 27 ... plenty of tiny pieces have been used up in this bit of homework :)

This is actually a card I made earlier, before I went off on holiday, which is just as well because I'm still doing a fair bit of lying around, with my feet raised, at a level higher than my heart, in an effort to relieve the pain and swelling ... I won't be doing the Lang Mile walk any time soon, methinks :)

The plus side to this is my reading rate is improving - I've finished the whodunnit and I'm now on to a true and heartwarming story about a ginger cat called Dewey. I've also watched a couple of more films on TV ... last night it was a light-hearted romcom entitled The Ugly Truth - with Gerard Butler ... so I've crocheted a few more granny squares together.

Right, off to get those feet up again ... I feel like a real lady of leisure writing that :))

Wishing you all a good evening and sending crafty hugs,






12 comments:

Annie said...

Feet up sounds good to me Elizabeth. I could do with an hour like that...yawn! I've got the twins for the day tomorrow so no hope I'm afraid :-) I always end my Tuesdays with a big grin on my face but very tired. :-)
Hugs,
A x

Rita said...

What a beautiful card Elizabeth. Sorry to hear you are still suffering the pains in your tootsies, must be so annoying too. Hopefully it won't be to long before your out and about again. This weather is attrocious to say the least. Hugs Rita xxx

Marie-Louise said...

Lovely card Elizabeth - we can always dream. Hope you're feeling better.

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Elizabeth,love the image and papers.xxx

Lynne said...

Great card and a gorgeous image. Makes me yearn for long hot days but there`s not much chance of that yet.
Lynne xxx

Sandra H said...

Wow Elizabeth your card is totally stunning the ribbon and bow is beautiful and also the backing papers, embellishments, and image just complete the card to perfection:)x

Di said...

Hi Elizabeth, this fab card made me yearn for Thailand - our fave holiday spot. Beautiful honey!

Sorry 'bout the trotters, I get the same and rest is the only cure although it's not easy to languish with a book, DVD, feet up etc. Not sure folk realise how painful it can be - the feet not the resting of course :)

Been offline while IT here sorts things out, so ironing got done at least...........whilst standing ON my feet! :(

Hope you feel better soon, hugs, Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Spiffingly spendid card. You must tell us who dunit though (in the book i mean!) Hope your feeling less sore now. Hugs Mrs A.

Jackie said...

Sounds like a great way have some R&R but without too much heat LOL. A fabulous card and I do love the words :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

so gorgeous elizabeth,fab colours and image and i love the sentiment ;D

xx coops xx

Amanda said...

I am sat here with one leg in the air resting it too. Love the card oh for some lovely weather. I keep forgetting that it s July as it feels like Christmas lol. Hugs, Amanda x

Sarn said...

Oh you poor old crock! Still having trubs eh? Hope you feel better soon.

WONDERFUl card. Makes me want a blue sky holiday xxx