Friday 20 July 2012

Anniversary Card

Evening All,

Weatherwise, we've had a lovely day here, the sun has been out for most of it and it's even been slightly warmer than off late :)

And, we've been preparing for our weekend break ... our anniversary celebration.

Of course, I made a card for my DH.


The topper is one of the Michael Powell images from Docrafts. I spotted DH admiring this in our local craft shop so slipped it into my basket ... when he wasn't looking, of course.

The papers are from Wild Rose Studio's For Men pack. That's silver paper, not mirri card, that I've used for matting - can't remember where it came from but it's really nice. The blue card is also from Docrafts and leftover after another cardmaking session.

I found the greeting in my wee drawer of punched bits and pieces ... it was perfect for this card so I just matted it with some scraps of silver and blue card.


Inside, another topper from the same collection.


This little image on the back was punched from the packaging!

I can't believe I'm doing this but, as there was a number of leftover scraps used in the making of this card, I'm going to be nipping over to Di's playground and submitting this to her Crafty Snippets Challenge #29. It might be something of a snippet first to use some up in an anniversary card for your DH!

Got to be short and sweet today ... I'm being ambitious and trying to type up a couple of posts to schedule in the hope that you won't notice I've sloped off for a romantic weekend :))


Hope you are all well and looking forward to the long summer break - children in England break up today whilst here in Scotland they've been on holiday for the last fortnight already!

Happy holidays and happy crafting,

11 comments:

brenda said...

I hope you have a really lovely weekend Elizabeth and so pleased you got some nice weather. Sun has not reached just yet but I live in hopes.

I really lovely card for your hubby.

B X

Marie-Louise said...

Such a lovely card and so perfect. Hope you have a lovely trip.

Victoria said...

These Michael Powell images I keep seeing really are gorgeous.. I'm very tempted!! The silver paper looks great with them (much better than mirri would). Love the inside too, you romantic soul! :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Sandra H said...

Hi Elizabeth, l do hope you have a lovely weekend for your celebrations, and the husbands card is so lovely :)x

Jackie said...

Wonderful card Elizabeth. Happy Anniversary, have a wonderful weekend :o)
Jackie xx

Di said...

Brilliant card Elizabeth! Just perfect for Alan and clever that you used the toppers he liked :) Mrs A is frantically hunting for that stamp so I bet she'll have something to say when she spots this card :)

Hope you're having a lovely time, hugs, Di xx

coops said...

so gorgeous elizabeth.i love the stunning detailed image :D

xx coops xx

Sarn said...

That's a wonderful anniversary card. Congratulations to you and your hubby.

Enjoy your break xxx

Jules said...

Hi Elizabeth

Many congratulations on your wedding anniversary.

I hope that you both have a lovely romantic time away.

Your card is gorgeous .. .. and I am well impressed at how you used the packaging on the back.

Beautiful!!

Love Jules xx

Hettie said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Great excuse to buy more crafting goodies! I wonder if I can get away with it!

Allthingsinky said...

Beautiful Card and i love the image, Gorgeous....