Saturday 21 July 2012

Pots 2 Go - Scrap Our Stash July Challenge

Hello Everyone

The challenge over at the Scrap Our Stash Challenge this month is entitled 'Star and Stripes' and I have to admit I was quite stumped for this one. Here in my wee corner of Scotland we don’t celebrate anything with the stars and stripes, however we did see lots of red, white and blue when we were on holiday in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, a month ago ... gosh, is it that long ago already! 

The Diamond Jubilee celebrations were still much in evidence and I just had to take a photo of this delightful shop window.


I chose to make this layout A4 in size – approx 11” x 8” for a change. The papers used are from the Best of British Paper Collection which was issued with a copy of Crafts Beautiful magazine. The bunting was cut out one-by-one and positioned across the top. The title is the name of the shop – the photo has been cropped and matted on red cardstock.


All the embellishments came with the collection except the flowers which I made by punching out shapes, crumpling them up to distress them a little, and adding a tiny pearl to the centre.

I'm not here really ... I'm depending on Mr Blogger to schedule this post for me.

Take care all, and I'll see you when I get back :)

Happy crafting,

4 comments:

Victoria said...

I love your version of stars and stripes! Who couldn't love those teapots at the bottom too?

Angie said...

Happy Anniversary ....hope you are having a great break ...and that hubby loved that great card. xx

Unknown said...

hi Elizabeth ...even though you are not really here, !
what a fab creation well done Hugs Elaine

crafty cat corner said...

Hello Elizabeth
I'm new to your blog and am enjoying reading past posts.
I am really liking the trolley that fits under the desk, My crafts are more fabric and beads but I love to make cards. This would solve a lot of my problems of keep getting up to find things, I could have more of them to hand.
Thanks for the tip.

Briony
x