Friday 6 July 2012

CHNC Challenge - Festive Funnies

Evening Folks,

I'm late this evening because the craft space needed a bit of re-organising to make room for a TV the EM was installing for me ... now I can watch the tennis whilst crafting :)

I'm not done yet, there's still quite a few odds and ends that I have to shoehorn in somewhere. You wouldn't think one wee telly could cause so much havoc!

For a bit of light relief I stopped to make this wee card for Hazel's CHNC Challenge - #79.


Hazel has asked for a festive funny and this Mo Manning digi stamp seemed to fit the bill ... well, it makes me smile :) I thought this fun sentiment from Docrafts seemed quite appropriate too.


Hard to see the glitter in the photos, but it is there, honest!

I've had both stamps for a year or so but they're good so worth bringing out again this year.

Materials used:
White deckle-edge card blank
Smooth white card - bought on my visit to Shopkeeper Gal while on holiday
Digi stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil, Cat's in the Christmas Tree
ProMarkers: pastel yellow, ivory, cool grey 1, poppy, apricot, olive green, pear green, turquoise, cobalt blue, powder blue 
Fine glitter: gold, pale blue
Pearlescent card for matting: pale blue (free with a magazine recently), gold from snippet drawer
Docrafts Stamp from Penelope & Percy Christmas Greetings set
Ink pad: Ranger Adirondack Earthtones, Stonewashed
Clear 'glass' dewdrops from stash


I did break off long enough to see Andy win through to the final ... yeah ... doing another little happy dance :))

After all that excitement I'm off into the craft space to see what more mischief organising I can get up to today.

Happy Crafting Everyone,




13 comments:

Di said...

Super card Elizabeth - and I see what you meant. It did make me grin here :) Go Andy! Hugs, Di xx

Hettie said...

Great card Elizabeth! Rockin'!!

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card Elizabeth. I love this image.

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for your 'festive funny' - it's brought a smile to my face (the previous entry was also with that image - it's a good one). Hope to see you again soon - new challenge tomorrow morning. And well done for getting TV into your craftroom. I have the luxury of having television on my PC which has a large screen. x

Unknown said...

Elizabeth this is gorgeous I love this image what a fab card Well done Hugs Elaine

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous card,great image.xxx

chrissy xx said...

The cutest of cute image..That cat sure is rocking lol...LOve it.
Chrissyxx

scrappymo! said...

I had a good giggle over this card...you did a great job!

Sandra H said...

Gosh Elizabeth this is absolutely stunning such and adorable image you have used and so beautifully presented:)x

Jackie said...

Brilliant card Elizabeth, I love the sentiment :o)
Jackie xx

Angie said...

What a great xmas card ...love it ...a little different.

Thanks for thinking about Jake ...he got through the op ...Steve and Emma still dont know why or what is happening next other than they are keeping him in for about 3 days ...bless him xx

coops said...

gorgeous card elizabeth.stunning image and design :D

xx coops xx

Anne-Marie said...

I love your pretty Mo Manning Christmas card and your colouring is lovely....thank you so much for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog....much appreciated.....please pop by again, soon!