Saturday 28 July 2012

Cardmaking Demonstration at Cardwell's Craft Centre

Evening Folks,

And welcome to my newest followers, Catherine, Trisha, Briony, Victoria, Lynn ... if I have missed anyone, I  do apologise, but I am so pleased you are there and hope you enjoy reading about my exploits and viewing the projects I create - thanks for being there :)

Hope you have all had a great day wherever you are. I went along to Cardwell's Craft Centre to watch Sheila of Docraft's demonstrations and it was both fun and instructive.




Sheila is a lovely lady, who not only has lots of crafting know-how, but also a lively sense of humour. It was her first visit to Scotland but judging by her happy smile, I think she won't need too much persuading to return.



The route through the garden centre to the craft centre - how pretty is that :)



The craft centre entrance - inside it's massive. It's well stocked and caters for all sorts of crafts ... papercrafting, stamping, quilting, knitting, jewellery-making, children's crafting etc., etc.


Just a little haul but you didn't think I'd leave empty-handed, did you? The Happy Days collection is lovely, the theme is a period I remember well, the 50s, and so tempting ... what could I do, the 12x12 paper stack, journaling cards and die-cuts just had to come home with me. The stamps come free with the magazine and there was a £2 voucher off the stack in the magazine, so I just had to take advantage of that too :))

The eagle-eyed among you might have spotted my new crafting companion, Bogdan, the schoolboy meerkat. He arrived here a few weeks ago ... all the way from Russia, via Holland and Paris ... I know this because I received email postcards keeping me up-to-date on his progress! Of course, after making such a long and tiring journey just to be with me, he now has a special place on my desk and in my heart ... Bogdan is here to stay :)



Finally, I thought you might like to see these gorgeous giraffes - too tall for the average conservatory, methinks, but still fabulous nonetheless.

It's raining again ... my roses are getting a battering and are beginning to look a bit bedraggled ... oh, for a few fair days!

I'm off to have a quick play with my new goodies.

Happy crafting to you all,



8 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Thank you for showing this lovely idea of a craft centre inside a garden centre.

We do not have those over here and I think they are a great idea.

What an uplifting path to walk in the craft area. I would be hard pressed to pass all those blooms by without tucking one or two in my trolley!

Can't wait for my next trip to Britian to check out those magazines with the freebies. We are hoping for next year...surgery pending for me, so depends on the healing.

If DH retires, we hope to stay 6 months or so...rent a small furnished house and just relax with family for a bit! I need to start hanging out on UK Scrappers to "learn the ropes" of crafting in Britian. So you can see, i will need all the freebie in the magazines to craft with while I am there. teehee

Purple mad Alison said...

Looks like you had a great day! And yes it would be rude not to come home with some goodies!!!
Can't wait to see what you make with them.
Hugs Alison x x

Sandra H said...

Hi Elizabeth, Looks like you had an amazing time at the craft shop and its really good of you to show us your goodies l didn't think for one moment that you would come away empty handed.....lol its so easy to fill a basket though don't you think?!! we have these sort of crafs in a lot of our nurseries and its great to just look around if your not buying but like you say you'll always come away with something hope your going to show us what you make from some of your goodies....take care, xx

Jackie said...

Wonderful photographs Elizabeth, I love the craft shops in garden centres in my area, even though I usually have a half hour drive to get to them :o)
Jackie xx

Marie-Louise said...

What a great time you must have had. It looks like a really lovely place. Great crafting haul BUT did the EM find his tree?

Victoria said...

I agree, it would have been very rude not to have taken those bits home with you, and we crafters must always remember our manners!

M said...

I really love the new papermania Happy Days range - I took a few happy days stamps off my local craft shops hands yesterday! It had to be done! Have fun with your haul! M x

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful place! Really love those giraffes!

Hugs
Brenda