Wednesday 31 August 2011

WOYWW - Week 117 - Still Planning

Hello Everyone

Well, would you believe it, another What's on Your Workdesk is upon us? It's been noted by others but I'm going to reiterate ... these Wednesdays seem to come round quicker every week! Of course, it's all Julia, Queen of Desks, fault. The success of WOYWW is down to her ... it was all her idea ... and most weeks well over a hundred crafters participate. Because ... because it's addictive :) If you haven't a clue what I'm wittering on about click the WOYWW logo on the left to be transported to Stamping Ground, Julia's place, where you'll find a bunch of links, join in the fun and start blog hopping round the workdesks of the world.


On my desk this morning there's not much is going on. I tidied up last night after finishing the canvas you can see resting against my chook cupboard ... can't help my self, it's an automatic response to mess ... and spread out some materials I might use today, cardstock, canvases, gesso, photographs, paintbrush in jar, when I've made up my mind what I'm going to do exactly.  The peachy dabber shouldn't be there - it was used on the canvas and should be put away by now. I plan to post more about the canvas later today.

In the background you can see my new pride and joy - the mini shelf unit I painted up at the weekend ... in situ and serving the very useful purpose keeping all sorts of necessary bits and pieces tidy. If you are at all interested you can see on the previous post - link here - how I transformed it from ugly to acceptable.

A short post today ... not like me, I know, but there's not a lot going on really. By the way, by my reckoning we are on week 117 but I see Julia reckons it is week 116!

Finally, I hope those of you who live in or around the path of Hurricane Irene have survived the chaos and destruction she left in her wake (Irene is my middle name so, by association, I've been thoroughly ashamed of myself this week!!!).  And best wishes to everyone else - hope you have a great WOYWW day.

Happy Crafting,

19 comments:

Sarah said...

if it's clean and tidy - there's been work going on. I always tidy up but boy do I need to dust... the unit is just fab and looks right at home!
Thanks for the peek. Sarah at 4

Karen said...

Very neat workdesk Elizabeth! I'll check out the previous post now to see what was on the workdesk! Enjoy WOYWW!

Helen said...

Oh, you are so tidy! I think you would have a horror at my mess!

Di said...

Yup, you are a very tidy lady indeed! And I'm waiting for your next recipe - you siad that I'd prompted you by a comment or something. Not pickled eggs though I hope? :)) Happy WOYWW! Di xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I like what you did to rescue those little shelves, you'd have to pay £20 for something like that in a shabby chic shop - well done!! But...a chook cupboard?? You have to explain...please! Hugs, LLJ x

Tertia said...

I love rescued pieces for my craftroom, actually I think those are the only ones I have, curtesy of my DH who has a keen eye and a kind heart!
The canvas looks great.
Happy WOYWW

Angie said...

I didnt do a woyww this week but thought I'd drop by some friends ...I have to say your shelf unit is brilliant ...I had a look at the stages of its creation ...wow.
I love your family LO/canvas ...perfect colours ...and those other photos look very interesting ...cant wait to see what you create xx

The Crafty Elf said...

Man I wish I could be that tidy! Your mini shelf is fantastic, nice job! Enjoy your day and thanks for the peek!

ScrappnBee said...

Love that it is clean and tidy here! I need to tidy up more! Love the new shelf unit! Hope that it turns out to be super useful! Have a happy WOYWW- Amanda

Spyder said...

Ohooo it's sooo tidy and it all fits, I have such a miss-match! Love your little cupbooards atthe back, and ....later, if youpop over (I haven't done it yet) Spyder has spyied something from your blog! Have a great week ((Lyn)) Happy WOYWW

Hettie said...

That cabinet in the corner looks lovely. I canny resist little cabinets like this.
Your desk is far too tidy my lovely lady!!

Spyder said...

I've added one of your cards in my Spyder Has Spyied post, hopefully there's a digi in my store you would like as a 'thank you' and I'll email it to you!
(Lyn)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm SO with you Elizabeth. After finishing a project, everything gets put away. And I like the way you turned the cupboard into your pride and joy. Way to go. Happy WOYWW.

C said...

Love your clean space! Mine never looks clean even when it is! sigh..love your blog header too, Elizabeth. #59

jude said...

Lovely tidy work desk this week.Have creative week and happy woyww117
hugs judex20

Neet said...

What a lovely clean and tidy desk you have Elizabeth. Great canvas you have just made too (love anything vintage)and I see you have more photo images read to use - now what are you doing next?
Thanks for the good wishes and thanks for the snoop. Hugs, Neet x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Happy belated (yet again) WOYWW, but have commented on a few other posts so not been idle as far as your blog is concerned! and I really truly love the wee shelf unit there - will keep my eye out for one here am sure there would be one about somewhere looks super! Shaz in oz.x!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Thanks for your visit earlier this week, Elizabeth, and sorry it has take so long to get back to you. I have just been tied up finishing off the prettying up of the BluRay and DVD discs with my crafting printer (it prints the discs - just a little extra refinement it has on it). Now I just need to deliver the sets to those that requested them. I love your tidy workspace. Mine looks as though several bombs have gone off in there.

Crafting Time said...

Oh wow what a tidy desk, looking at my table in front of me now makes me hold my head in shame!
This is my first visit to your delightful blog, I found you via WOYWW. I look forward to seeing what you create next week.
Helen x