Friday 12 August 2011

Back from Glasgow with Tote Bag and Haul

Hi Everyone,

Phew, what a day - driving to Glasgow is always a fraught experience ... so many traps for the unwary on the too, too busy roads. We got a bit lost ... again ... but got to Craft World in eventually and much to my chauffeur's ...aka the EM ... relief!


Behind this modest door is a crafter's paradise. The first thing you see on entering is this fabulous display of work pinned up for everyone to admire.


Then you move on into a huge warehouse size shop with the biggest stock of goodies I've ever seen. It's like letting me loose in a sweetie shop - I don't know where to look first.


There's just about everything your little crafting heart desires.


This is just the dies and embossing folders wall - a feast for crafters' eyes.



And here's the tote on wheels - Alan treated me to this, isn't he wonderful ... and isn't it fabulous. It has tons of little pockets and pouches inside and outside to put all the crafting bits and pieces, plus loads of space in the middle. All I have to do now is decide exactly what to take with me to the retreat - it's not until the middle of September and I think it's going to take me that long to decide - all suggestions gratefully received!

Of course, once I was inside Craft World I could not resist getting a few essentials ... well, would you?



So what fell into my basket? Card and paper, of course ... a few more sheets of Coredinations in yummy colours - loving this card for embossing at the moment - some gorgeous Christmas paper in a vintage patterns by Bo Bunny and BasicGrey, a couple of sheets of Kaisercraft paper patterned with vintage air balloons and another sheet covered with pretty feminine toppers. I also picked up a punch for scalloped circles, 2.5" size to add to my collection, a pack of sanding blocks and a dust buddy - so necessary for using with the Coredinations, a couple of packets of card candy - lovely colours - and a pack of pink & blue dew/rainbow drops.

Alan was impressed relieved at my restraint this time - his wallet is still feeling the pain from our last visit. Now you know why I've been working so hard on bringing down the snippet mountain to reasonable proportions - I need the room!!!

Off to have an early dinner now so that I can begin a weekend of scrapbooking - I've promised myself I'll join in with Shimelle's Online Scrapbooking Weekend - if you're interested you can see the details here.








5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, I know that place! Loved that blog.

Di said...

Oh boy, loads of lovely goodies! The tote is great - now you have to make a list of what to take :) Di xx

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

O can i please come to that sweetie shop too what a treasure! Shaz in Oz.x

Jackie said...

Oh wow, it looks like an Aladin's Cave and what a lovely lot of new goodies you have to play with :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

fabulous goodies elizabeth.enjoy using them :D

xx coops xx