Wednesday 10 August 2011

WOYWW 114 - Old Paper Stacks & New Arrivals

Happy WOYWW to you all,


It's a miserable day here in Ayrshire today - continuous, incessant rain to accompany the depressing news that rioting has continued in many urban areas, including my beloved Manchester, overnight. My DH is a Mancunian, and I spent many happy years there, so it is distressing to see the news coverage today. Enough ... on with the show and here's what's on my desk. I wobbled perilously on a chair for this overhead shot ... the lengths I'll go to!

Clearly to cheer me up, the postie delivered the Scrapbook Magazine today, and the freebie that came with it is a lovely selection of Kay Miller Designs Simple Pleasure paper collection -  yummy stuff. I can't wait to do something with these ... and it's about time I did some more scrapbooking - over the last few  many, many months I've been neglecting my scrapbooks for cardmaking. And talking of cardmaking, I've been uber busy making birthday cards - August is a wicked month for birthdays in our family, though September is not much better, sigh ... so I've just completed 3 birthday cards and an engagement card and still not finished! I'm also dropping behind on the Christmas card making so will have to motor some to catch up this week, another sigh ... my 'to do' list keeps growing!

The other items on my desk are there because I may use them on projects that are on my 'to-do' list. I dug out the Crafty Individuals packs thinking they are too nice to just linger in my stash.  Ditto, the Papermania black & white paper pack and the two pieces of embossed card sitting on top - there's the germ of an idea percolating :) The cute little decoupage pups were a gift from my friend in Ireland, Marie-Louise - many thanks M-L. I thought I'd make them up right away rather than put them in a drawer to be forgotten. M-L doesn't have a blog yet, but I'm encouraging her to start one :)  Behind the decoupage is my latest teeny, weeny indulgence - a Stampin' Up Textured Impressions embossing folder, Manhattan Flower ... and, yes, the bottle of VersaMark refill and the embossing buddy just fell into my basket at the same time - well, these have been on my 'want/need' list for such a long while! It was a card made by Kelly of Kelly's Craftin' Corner that prompted me to get the embossing folder - it is just so gorgeous - see here.

A quick hello and welcome to Lucia & Anne, my newest followers - hopefully you will enjoy reading this little record of my crafting experience, tales of domesticity, and the places I visit, as much as I enjoy recording them. And, if you are wondering what WOYWW is about, it's a lot of crafty folk showcasing what's on their workdesk, table, kitchen worktop, floor even ... or whatever, every Wednesday. The weekly event is hosted by none other than the redoubtable Julia at Stamping Ground, so why don't you give her a visit and join in the blog hop - it's all a bit of fun, though it can be somewhat addictive :)

Before I sign off I'd like to say many thanks to all of you who sent their good wishes after I revealed last week that my health hasn't been so good ... the new medication seems to be working, I've had fewer/shorter incidents of the excruciating pain in my legs recently ... it's early days but I'm optimistic :)

Right, I'm off to get myself a nice cuppa before settling down to do nosy around some work spaces.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy week,


21 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Now that's what I call a good delivery - a new mag and some more stuff to play with. Result!! Enjoy some great crafting this week :) xx

Neil said...

Thanks for sharing your space this week and I hope the rest of your week goes well! I agree that sometimes you just need to have things in front of you like the CI papers, too nice to hide!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Elizabeth have that Manhattan flower too such a lovely folder. yet to do it but do take a peek at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu6wltMIWuM

there are others too can send you later just email me to remind you if I forget! Happy WOYWW! God's blessing on Manchester and all troubled places, praying your family and mine there will be safe, love Shaz.xx

Pam said...

Nothing like curling up with some good magazines while the rain pours and the world turns. Hope all settles down soon. Oh, nice desk shot BTW. As Queen Julia herself would tell ya I'm sure, Go for the best shot, at all costs LOL!

marjoleincreatief said...

Reading magazines of crafting is almost as enjoyable as crafting itselves. It gives me an enormeous boost inspiration. And freebies, always welcome!!!!

Greetings marjolein

akilli melek said...

oho i feel a shopping trip to WHsmith coming on for that new magazine, although i might not have a lot of time to read it right now
caroline

Angie said...

That looks like a beautiful folder ...cant wait to see your creations. I have just realised that I have missed your guilding cards ...they are stunning....you are a great card maker.
Isn't the weather awful ....DD,DIL and the boys went up to Orkney for a couple of days ..on Monday the crossing nearly wasn't allowed but yesterday and today they have not had a drop of rain.
Thank you so much for your kind comments xx

Twiglet said...

I love a good crafty magazine. So glad your medication is helping. x Jo

JoZart Designs said...

Pleased your treatment is helping. Enjoy your papers far better than stowing them away. We all should do this more.
Thanks for visiting me and for your caring comment.
Love joZarty x

Spyder said...

I am a crafty magaholic! They are so full of 'ideas' and sometimes they do have fab papers too.
enjoy your Kay Miller collection, have a fun week happy woyww
(Lyn) yes,I managed to find my way back to my craft room!

Tertia said...

I love getting a new craft mag and then spending hours reading and just looking at the amazing talent out there. WOYWW is a bit like a weekly mag - inspiration everywhere you go!
Those pups are just gorgeous!
What is happening in London is really making me sad - its such a reflection on modern society!
Happy WOYWW

Jules said...

Hi Elizabeth

What a fantastic workdesk .. .. you have lots of goodies to go at there.

It is always exciting when the postman brings something new to rev up the inspiration.

I was pleased to read your new medication is working .. .. and be careful standing on that chair!!!!

Love Jules xx

Anonymous said...

New crafting goodies, a new magazine and a wet day, sounds like a perfect combination to me!

Hugs
Brenda 73

Mrs A. said...

What a smashing newsy post. Love it. I must have that that Manhattan Flower embossing folder at all costs! Thanks for stopping by my post. hugs Mrs A.#85.

okienurse said...

great looking desk. Looks like there is a lot of stimulating things there to stoke the flames of creativity. I hate hearing about all the riots and looting. It makes no sense to destroy things because things are bad when it is only going to make them worse. Hope you have a great week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie

Neet said...

Glad the medication seems to be helping - guess the wet will not do much to help you though. (Thanks for your good wishes, not hayfever, heart problem causing my breathing difficulty). Ah well, the cost of getting older!
Hopefully M/Cr has quietened down a bit and it is fingers crossed for a peaceful weekend. It makes my blook boil to see what has been done to our city. Hope your rellies were ok.

Hettie said...

It is always nice when the Postie brings goodies - even better would be if you didn't have to pay for them!
Have a fun week and try not to let the thugs get you down!

Yogi said...

thanks for the glimpse. Have a great day

MadeByKarla said...

That looks like a great magazine! I like your lamp and the dog images look adorable! Thanks for your visit ;)

Morti said...

Ooh, fab stuff on your desk Elizabeth! I've had a look at Kelly's card, and you're right, it's lush. I think a few more of us may be tempted soon!

Franka Benjaminsen said...

It's one of my favorites moments too... receiving my new craft magazine. It feels like a small present every time. My last CS has to wait for a moment, because of all the other things I've had to do, but I take a quick look every day. Hope you find enough inspiration for all your cards.

Sorry I am so late getting around but I’ve had a two day’s craft tour. Thank’s for visiting me.
xFranka