Monday 8 August 2011

Le Romantique 40th Birthday Card

Hello Everyone,

I hope you all had a lovely weekend, no matter what the weather/temperature was wherever you are. The first week of August is a busy one for me as there are three family birthdays to celebrate in the first 10 days - making a lot of cards to get together. First up is my daughter - 40 this year - so here's the card I made.


I've been hording this pad of Graphic45, Le Romantique paper for forever... but I couldn't think of anything more special for Juli's card.  The Kraft base card and envelope are from Papermania. The base DP I embossed with pink flourishes and then layered a strip of co-ordinating DP which has been distressed and inked with TH Spun Sugar.  The strip of pink Coredinations card was put through the embossing machine, sanded and inked with Vintage Photo. The lovely stamp from Crafty Individuals was stamped with TH Vintage Photo DI, the butterflies and flowers are painted in Spun Sugar, and matted on to pink and brown cardstock. The flowers were made with the aid of Mariane Creatables dies. The Celebrate greeting is embossed onto cream pearlescent card, edges inked and matted onto some of the pink Coredinations card. The numbers were stamped twice; first onto the pink card and embossed in pink, second, onto cardboard to provide a strong base - they were then adhered together and, so that they would pop out even more, fixed to the card with dimensional squares. Butterflies and ribbon came from stash. There is a decorated insert, embossed pink '40's and butterflies on a lot of white, but I had trouble photographing it - the camera had problems focusing on the expanse of white :( I also gave the back and the envelope (just seen in the pic) the pink butterfly treatment.

And here's my beautiful daughter looking fabulous at 40 and having a great time on Saturday. The rain didn't stay away for her barbecue party but that didn't stop everyone having a wonderful time. The barbecue was put under an awning where the men took charge of the cooking, and a great job they did too. Juli's second son, Josh the chef, made her a delicious birthday cake and his sister, Jenny, brought along a huge chocolate cake too - so there was lots of candles and blowing out to be done! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves - it was just so lovely to be with all the family - even my baby great-granddaughter was there enjoying all the attention :)

As I said, there's three birthdays at the beginning of August so I have a couple more cards to show - I'll be posting these later.

In the meantime, I hope you have wonderful day and I wish you happy crafting,

5 comments:

kay said...

this is gorgeous and those papers are lush,happy birthday to your daughter,x

Angie said...

What a pretty card ....matches your pretty daughter. I so envy you having a GGrandchild ...I had to wait until I was 61 to have my first GS.

coops said...

gorgeous card elizabeth.stunning papers and desgin.
a big happy birthday to your daughetr :D

xx coops xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Happy returns to your lovley daughter Elizabeth..I love the card you made. Sometimes when you're hoarding something special, it actually turns into a pleasure to use and give away, huh.

akilli melek said...

what a lovely card Elizabeth, at least my Aug birthdays are all spread out in the month.