Wednesday 17 August 2011

WOYWW - Week 115 - Proving I Can Do Messy

Hello Everyone,


Most of you will know that I'm a bit of a neatnik - no, correction, an obsessive neatnik! Hate disorganisation and muddle so week after week my desk looks tidy, pristine, even. Not today. In fact, I nearly didn't take this pic - to ashamed to do WOYWW this week - I'm blushing right now looking at the mess. How did I get in this muddle, you might ask? Well, we had friends to dinner last night and I was crafting around the preparations - as you do!  Eventually, I just had to abandon it all to get the dinner on the table on time - as you do! On reflection though, I think I might just have earned my crafter's credentials at last!!!

So what's on my desk - everything! Well, everything that went into the making of the wee card you can see at the front of the desk. Ink, stamps, bling, scissors, heat tool, EP, paper punch, ruler, ribbon, glue sticks, box of sharp instruments. There's even a sanding block which I didn't use so why it's there I really don't know. And why TH's Black Soot is lying out when I used a blue ink pad, is another mystery. You wouldn't believe I was trying to produce a CAS card, now would you? :)

For a glimpse of even more messy desks, and some neat and tidy ones too, hop over to the Queen of Desks, Julia's blog, Stamping Ground, where you can while away many happy hours getting vicarious pleasure examining over 100 such desks from around the world - you'll find it's well worth the trip.

I hope you are all well and enjoying yourself wherever you are. My grandchildren are back to school today - I'm sure I heard my daughter whooping for joy last night!!! She promised she would take a pic or two of them in their new school uniforms for me so I'll be popping over to Facebook later on in the hope that she has uploaded them - more photos for gran to scrap :)

I've got my cuppa beside me and I'm sitting comfortably so I'm ready to begin snooping visiting fellow WOYWWers.

Happy Crafting to All,


27 comments:

Franka Benjaminsen said...

I think your desk looks really perfect. It invites you to come and sit and do some crafting. Love all the stamps and your beautiful Xmas card. Thanks for sharing. xFranka

Di said...

Laughing here - in the end WOYWW gets to us all and we don't mind sharing our mess in public! Lovely card you made. Di xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ha ha that's neat Elizabeth, believe me! and know what you mean about how much effort clean and simple is - it aint simple, and might be clean on card but not on the desk! you did cheer us up with your lovely post - and yes great card too reminds me how many have yet to make - think one of my fav.s was your Scottish one! love and God bless,
Shaz in oz.x

Jingle said...

It looks like you have some FUN stuff on your desk!

Spyder said...

Mess???? Elizabeth I need new glasses, I can't see mess!>>>only here in my room!! Great card!! happy WOYWW and happy Messy craftying time!

(Lyn_

Helen said...

I love the look of your desk, I can see you are very happy there....

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I hope you didn't get crafting and cooking mixed up or that would have been an interesting evening!! That's a pretty card in progress, nice colours :) xx

Hazel said...

It's not a mess! but I know where you're coming from because I like to have things in their right places and clear of clutter - Hazel WOYWW #65 x

dianneo said...

You are too funny...and probably the only non-messy crafter in WOYWW!

marjoleincreatief said...

A mess??? Here is a lady working hard ;-) and yeah I also craft while I am preparing diner but shame on me, it always burnes black and very chrispy....

Greetings marjolein

famfa said...

Your desk doesn't look messy to me! Thanks for visiting, I don't stroke my yarn but my youngest son does smell it and cuddle it.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

You've got nothing to blush about. :) That card is looking fabulous, too.

Angie said...

To you your desk may be untidy ...but to me its so tidy and organized . I think we are polar opposites in the desk stakes lol Lovely card

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah Elizabeth, I understand that this photo makes your teeth itch, and I understand that by now it's back to immaculate...but really -it's a lovely sight. As is the card - really nice. And hey - no-one stopped breathing while the erm 'mess' went unattended!!

SueH said...

Oh Elizabeth, I so had to laugh………….what are you ashamed of woman….that is a tidy desk…………I just wish mine was a tidy as that!

What fab Christmas stamps, they look so versatile and I love what you’ve done with them.

Thanks for stopping by my blog again this week.

Happy Crafting!
Sue
x

Annie said...

I'm having a quick trip round the WOYWWers before I start on my next batch of little African dresses. It's great to see what you're busy with this week.
Hugs,
A x

Kate said...

Thanks for the details of the snippets blog, I shall join in when I next play with my paper scraps. Is there any theme or do you just join in the link once you have made somehting?

thanks
** Kate **

Tertia said...

You call that messy? I call it very tidy and creative! LOL
Happy WOYWW

Carola Bartz said...

This is what my desk often looks like, a mess. I wish I was a bit tidier, not much (we're not getting overboard here). The card you made is pretty, I like all the little bling (if I see this correct).

okienurse said...

great looking card. I think you did a great job on the clean and simple aspect. Have a great week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie

sandra de said...

Welcome to the club, crafting around the preparations. I always feel that I can glue/stamp/ ink/punch one more thing while the kettle boils.

Hettie said...

Yeah!! Welcome to the "Messey Desk Club"!!
Still no internet so I have resorted to staying in lunchtime so I can play catch up with you lovely ladies. I cannot believe I have not been able to go on blogs since Monday - besides not being able to shop!! Arrrrgh!!

Anonymous said...

Lol, I haven't read all the comments left but I bet there's not a single one of them would agree that that's a messy desk! A work in progress that's all and a great one at that. Love those stamps and the pretty card too! Hope you've got the desk cleaned up and that you're no longer ashamed!!

Hugs
Brenda 80

C said...

Looks great to me Elizabeth! I figure anytime you can see a bit of cleared space, it's a good thing.

Neet said...

You are not the only non messy crafter - I too get tidy-itis and have to have a clear up. Odd times I take a photo of it "in production" as you might say and then it does look messy.
Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet x

Betty Boo! said...

Not too messy at all! I think I could handle that without putting stuff away! Thank you for the welcome, and I agree life is to short for loosing sleep! I must stop the scary movie watching!

Betty

Morti said...

Now how can you call that a mess? It just looks like you're in the middle of being creative! Fab card though - just shows it doesn't have to be fancy and full of "bits" to be gorgeous...

Thanks for stopping by!