Sunday 21 August 2011

Easter 1998 - 8"x8" Scrapbook Layout

Hello Everyone,

I promised myself a weekend of scrapping and here's the first layout completed ... I'm never going to be a speedy crafter that's for sure :(


This is another page for Granny Ann's album - yes, I'm still working on this album ...  It just takes me forever to choose the materials, decide on the layout, the title and the embellishments ... maybe I'll speed up with practice!  The photograph is of my three oldest grandchildren, taken when they were oh, so young, enjoying some Easter eggs. I wish I could find a way of ensuring that the photos of the completed layouts would be straight and spot on ... mine always seem to be just a tad out somehow, so apologies for the glimpses of my chook cupboard in the background. And, if anyone can tell me the best way to prevent reflection from the photographs shiny surface, I'd be eternally grateful ... I tried several shots in several areas of the house before I succeeded with this one!

I used the following materials for this layout: Docrafts textured cardstock for base; DPs from the Fancy Pants, Wishful Thinking collection (free with Simply Cards & Papercraft); Title letters computer generated (apart from the 'E' which comes from the collection; Small heart-shaped & circle paper punches; Fine black pen for faux stitching effect; Handmade flower made from ribbons, button & bakers twine from stash.

I'm on a scrapbooking roll now so I'm off to put together another layout for Granny Ann's album ... might just get it finished in time for Christmas :)

Happy Crafting,


2 comments:

Jackie said...

Beautiful page, love the bunting. Would you believe I am still working on my Greatgrandson's first year album and he will be 6 in November! :o)
Jackie xx

Sarn said...

Lovely scrapbook page and layout.

Hugs, Sandra