Saturday 11 December 2010

T for Christmas Tree + A Baby Girl Card

Happy Saturday everyone,

And a warm welcome to my new followers, Stamponme, Alex, Jean, Angie and Crazycoops. Hopefully, you will enjoy popping in now and again to see what I've been up to.

Today I've got the next in the Alphabet series - T for Christmas Tree - and a card to welcome a baby girl into our neighbourhood.


Materials used: 3 design papers from Papermania's Festive Frolics pack; embossing folder of Christmas tree; white card; Perfect Pearls in Forever Green; die cut, sentiment and border from Papermania's Henbury Lane Poinsettia A4 pack; flat-backed pearls in green, gold and red.


I used an embossing folder that came free with a Creativity magazine. I embossed on to smooth white card, dabbed a Versamark pad over the top, then brushed the Perfect Pearls over that, sprayed it with hairspray to set and embellished with the pearls.

I mixed and matched the papers and finished off the topper with the border and the JOY sentiment. Inside and back got the Elizabeth treatment too.


The second card was a quick make for a neighbour's baby daughter who decided she couldn't wait for the ambulance and was born at home. 



Materials used: Pink Petticoat digi stamp 'Baby Buggy'; 'Congratulations' from SWALK Series 1; design paper from Papermania Summer Bloom pack; Magnolia lace trim; ribbon, and a corner rounder.


Love the Pink Petticoat digi stamps and this baby buggy is so cute with the little head just peeking out. It is also very quick and easy to colour which is a bonus when time is short. The checks and polka dots go together really well and I decided that this time, just for a change, I would round most of the corners.

I've had the ribbon for sometime - bought on impulse with the thought that it would come in useful some day!


I found an appropriate verse in the Judith Wibberley book - how did I ever do without it?


So there you are, two quite different cards which I really enjoyed making.

I don't know about you but I'm beginning to feel quite pressured now that Christmas is only 2 weeks away. I seem to have given myself a real task making cards for all the family. I did want to make some personal gifts too but time seems to be running away from me now. Note to self:  make  a  plan to spread it out over the 52 weeks and not cram it all into a few short months.

Ah well, onwards and upwards - a few more cards to make yet, but time for a cuppa first, I think.
Bye for now.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Both are beautiful cards :o)
Jackie xx

lisa said...

Hi Elizabeth. So sorry I haven't been by for awhile. Blogging has had to take a back seat to Christmas preperations but hopefully I'll get a bit more time now, here's hoping.
So you finally got the snow, sounds like plenty of it too. Hope it doesn't cause to many problems now. Ours has all gone. It went so quickly when the weather turned warmer although they are forecasting more bad weather next weekend!!
Your cards are beautiful. I especially like the baby one. I love little girl cards but all our friends have had little boys lately!! You put so much detail in the insides too, just gorgeous.
Hope you have a good week.
Hugs Lisax

Bluefairy4U said...

Hi, sorry I am late, but your cards are really lovely, you have done a lot of work on your Christmas card. I too love Pink Petticoat and have lots of their digi images. Have fun, big hugs JO.xx **22**