Monday 13 December 2010

U for Under the Mistletoe

Good Afternoon to you all,

Things are really hotting up now as we hurtle towards Christmas. I don't know about you but I'm never really fully prepared for the last two weeks before the 'big day'. I have tried everything to make it less stressful - for example, by buying all the presents throughout the year or by doing all my shopping online - but I still end up working myself into a frazzle in the last couple of weeks. Last year was the only time I didn't panic about Christmas but that was because I was in hospital and was so ill it all came and went in a bit of a blur!

Anyway, I'm still making cards. Today my DH only informs me that he has another 5 people to add to the list!!!! Apparently, today is the busiest in the year for Royal Mail as we are expected to post all the cards we wrote up yesterday. As they are already well behind - I know because several parcels expected at Casa Worthington have yet to arrive - I think they are going to have their worked cut out to catch up and keep up.

Here's my latest card featuring two cute mice, Marty and Matilda having a Xmas Kiss.


This time it's and easel card and here are the materials used:

White Swiss Dot card base from Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn; Navy cardstock from Generations (bought at local craft shop); Design paper from Paper Cellar; Digi image Marty & Matilda Xmas Kiss from Digi Stamp Boutique; Promarkers; Inkssentials white opaque pen from Windmill Craft Centre; Greeting stamp from Dovecraft, Studio G; Woodware heart punch; Snowflakes & charm from The Works; Ribbon and glitter from stash.

When I had almost finished I decided I wanted to add a charm but the ribbon was too low down to hang it from there. So I punched a heart from the pink patterned paper and backed it with the navy cardstock to make it sturdy enough to hang the charm from.


 I also punched a second heart for the base for balance.


Confession time - this card sort of evolved, starting off as just going to be a square card but then I decided I'd make an easel which presented me with a problem. You see, in an attempt to be frugal, help save the planet and recycle, I was using the back of an old birthday card as the base for the topper. However, it became clear that the writing on the back of the card would be visible on the top half of the easel card. The answer was to cover it with more of the designer paper. So much for being frugal : (


Must remember that next time I'm deciding on the style of card.

That's it for now and must get on with making those 5 cards DH is awaiting.

Take care all, try to find some 'me' time in all the frenetic activity and hopefully enjoy it all.

Bye for now
Elizabeth

3 comments:

Hazeyj said...

Despite your 'frugality' ( I would say clever craftiness!), your card is terrific. Hope you get your 5 surprises done soon! Have a great Christmas, Hx

Lavinia said...

Hello Elizabeth & thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog! I love your cards, there very accomplished & really inspiring! Mr Binxz says "Hello"..hes in a sulk as I moved him away from the front of the woodburner, as I was worried he might be on a slow cook, he felt so hot! So he took the huff & run upstairs to his bed! :)) How funny Cats can be eh! Full of personality & Mischief!
Lavinia 87 WOYWW
X

Jackie said...

I loved this card on DC and I love it here too :o)
Jackie xx