Monday 6 December 2010

Snow at Last! And Q is for Quirky

Good afternoon all,

Finally, the snow has arrived in Ayr - I can now take photographs. Anyone who has been following my blog will know that I have been feeling somewhat deprived as Ayr has been a snowless zone - but it is no longer!

Back Garden

Yes, I know, it's nothing like the rest of you have suffered but it's only been snowing since 1pm and it's showing no sign of stopping so I reckon by tomorrow we will have a white-out and I'll be able to get even better piccies.


Front of House


Onto the Q card in the Alphabet series, Oh boy did I have to exercise the old grey matter to come up with a suitable word beginning with Q that could fit into the Christmas theme. However, as luck would have it, I came across this Mo Manning stamp, 'Cat's in the Christmas Tree, was struck by it's quirkiness and there I had the word, 'quirky'.


I could well see my Bonnie doing something like this if she got half a chance - our tree is on top of the TV cabinet because she knows she is not allowed up on the furniture! The stamp is coloured with Promarkers and glittered up in various colours to make it look even more festive. You wouldn't believe that I really don't like glitter that much - I just know the recipient's do and I make the cards for them, not for me!

Paper used is from Papermania Festive Frolics. The 'Magical Christmas' stamp is from the Anita's stamp set of that name, embossed in red. The ribbon and holly embellishment is from my stash. I made the decorative trim using a Woodware edge punch and matted onto red card.

Inside is another Sentiments 4 You digital stamp and it's all glittered up too.

That's it, a quick and easy card which was fun to make.

I've made a birthday card for my brother which I will post later but in the meantime it's time to work on the R card.

Thanks for looking and I'll be back later.

Elizabeth

1 comment:

coops said...

gorgeous card elizabeth.the image is fab and great colours.
love your snow pics too, hope you are warm ;D

xx coops xx