Friday 17 December 2010

Y for New Year - the Penultimate Card

Good Evening

This is probably going to be everyone's busiest weekend of the year - all the last minute shopping to be done, last minute cards to be posted and the present distribution started. For those of us past the first flush of youth, e.g. moi!, Christmas comes round quicker every year and, despite all the practice I've had, I'm still never organised enough! Ah well, as my DH says, it (Christmas) comes, and it goes : )

These are some voucher/money wallets/cards that I've made for three teenagers - my step-grandsons. They are young men really - two of them are at university. So I wanted to make something appropriate for that age group - grown up and not too fussy.

As luck would have it, I won some more candy  - I know, another win! - from Sasa at La-De-Dah and the New Year stamp set from Fiskars included (see picture below) was just the thing for this project. Sasa, or Sarah, makes the most awesomely beautiful art and her blog is well worth a visit for inspiration


Materials used for the cards: White base cardstock; gold embossed cardstock; design paper BoBunny Licorice Dot; Fiskars stamp set New Year; Penelope & Percy stamp;  gold embossing powder; Martha Stewart border punch; gold peel-off borders.


Lots of stamping and gold embossing with a bit of punch trim and gold embossed cardstock added. I struggled to get the numbers straight and didn't succeed but otherwise the result was not too bad. I put a pocket inside to include a voucher and, as time is not on my side now, left it at that this time.


I'm off to relax and watch a film with my DH. We both love films and have a fairly big collection of DVDs and old videos (we're replacing them slowly before they become completely redundant) and also subscribe to an online film club. I took several courses on film at university - how cool is that, being able to watch movies and call it studying : ) Last night we chilled out and watched the first of our collection of Christmas movies - The Holiday with Kate Winslett and Cameron Diaz and the gorgeous Jude Law! Tonight's offering is going to be a bit heavier I believe and nothing to do with Christmas, it's entitled The Brothers - I'll let you know what I think next post.

In the meantime I hope you are all relaxing, putting your feet up and, those of you who are still knee deep in white stuff, keeping warm.

Bye for now,
Elizabeth

2 comments:

coops said...

beautiful elegant cards elizabeth.have a fab weekend :D

xx coops xx

Alizabethy said...

Congratulations on your candy win and I love your wallets - they look very stylish!