Thursday 16 December 2010

X is for Xmas


Good evening everybody,

It's getting increasingly difficult to think of a theme for the letters of the alphabet so it's just as well that I'm almost finished this series of cards. After struggling to find a better alternative I ended up using the word Xmas even though I do not particularly like it - I much prefer the word Christmas. Apart from that little detail I enjoyed making this card - lovely papers, great templates for cutting out the shapes, some 'snowy' embossing, a bit of decoupage, and really cute die cuts.



Materials used: Henbury Lane Poinsettia pack; Gold embossed cardstock; Kiwi Lane tiny templates; Seafoam white embossing powder; iridescent glitter, heart shaped die cut; Sentiments 4 You digi greeting.
I cut the design papers using Kiwi Lane templates. I first discovered these when I was making 12" x 12" scrapbooking pages and just thought they were so clever. Since then they have designed teeny weeny templates for card-makers. For those who have never seen them before here is a photo of those I used on this project.



And here is a photo of the inside of the card which shows the effect you can achieve with them.



Apologies for the quality of the photographs - the light is soooo bad at this time of the year. The card is much prettier and the colours much more zingy in real life - a mix of coral, lime green, and gold.

I've been waiting in all day for a UPS delivery and so far it has not turned up. However, the last delivery I had from them was at about this time so it may come yet.

In the meantime I'm off for a restorative cuppa.

Bye for now,
Elizabeth

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the calm pinks shades of this Christmas Card.....very pretty. Thank you for sharing it with me xxx

coops said...

beautiful card elizabeth.i love the design and colours :D

xx coops xx

Debbie Budge said...

What a lovely card, Elizabeth! Thank you for sharing it with us! What paper did you use??? It's beautiful!

Debbie Budge
Kiwi Lane Designs

Kiwi Lane Designs said...

love it! Really Cute!