Thursday 2 December 2010

O is for Ornaments - an unusual colour combo card

Good afternoon folks,

We are still not suffering too much from snow. I think because Ayr is in a fairly sheltered bay the snow seems to be falling all around us but there is very little doing here - a few wee miserable snowflakes, that's all. However, it is freezing, -9 degrees this morning!

I have the next card in the Alphabet series - this time for the letter O, in this case O is for Ornaments.


I've chosen an unusual colour combo of red, pink and white and all because of serendipity. The satin ribbon sang to me when I popped into my local shop on Saturday - that gorgeous dusky pink colour did it for me - and then on Monday I discovered this design paper in my birthday goodies. All I had to do was give Tilda red & pink striped stockings and glitter her up a bit and she was perfect.


I teamed the design paper up with a piece of white card which I had embossed with the Snowflakes folder which Lisa kindly gave me - thanks Lisa, it's gorgeous. There's a red felt ornament from Papermania behind Tilda and another ornament embellishment from my stash. The Prima flowers got the glitter treatment too and a red flat-backed e-line pearl in the centre.


A Merry Christmas peel-off and a digi stamp from Sentiments 4 You complete the card. Really easy. I did go to town on the inside using up the leftover ribbon and embossed card.


I decorated the back in much the same way as usual so I won't bother to show you that.

I think this has got to be my favourite Tilda card so far even though I would never have thought the pink and red were a good colour combination!

I have completed another birthday card but I have to sort out the photographs before I can post it - I hope to do that later today.

Bye for now
Elizabeth

4 comments:

Christa said...

Hi Elizabeth , that is a beautifull card !! I like the red and pink colours. You have coloured Tilda so nicely. Compliment ! Love from ( white ) Holland, Christa.

lisa said...

You're very welcome, Elizabeth and you've put it to brilliant use on this beautiful card.
You have also solved a huge dilemma I've had recently with that digi sentiment. I found that site awhile ago but didn't bookmark it and couldn't remember the name of it or whose blog I'd followed the link from so thanks for that!!!!
Glad you're not suffering with the snow too much, we have plenty in Yorkshire!!
Stay warm
Hugs Lisax

Carrie said...

Oh Elizabeth, your Tilda is so pretty. I love this card, it is so festive and joyful. Thank you for sharing it with me xxx

coops said...

stunning card elizabeth.the tilda is gorgeous and i love the bauble and beautiful colours and layout :D

xx coops xx