Sunday 3 May 2015

Sunday Snippets Card -Simple Joys

Happy Sunday Folks,

I've just discovered that over at Pixie's Playground the challenge is running for two weeks instead of the usual one. I think there's going to be lots of submissions for Di, and Parsnip of course, to look at during the fortnight!
My card for today gave me the opportunity to ink up a new stamp that was crying out to be used and create a card with the leftover scraps from this Sweet April card I made for April's UKPC Swap.

Here's how it was made:

- I used a black square card for the base and topped it with some of the left over Mustard yellow smooth cardstock - American Crafts - trimmed to size, leaving a narrow black margin. 

- Next, I trimmed the piece of stamped card - white Neenah Solar stamped with Water Droplets stamp - Designs by Ryn - using Black Soot distress ink, and added it to the top left corner of the card.

- Then I stamped up a snippet of the Neenah Solar with Simple Pleasures, Paperbag Studios - again with Black Soot. Once it was matted and layered on to mustard and black cardstock, it was adhered to the front of the card using foam dimensional pads.

- The finishing touch was to add almost the last of my stash of black dew drops!

As soon as I spotted that stamp of the park bench I just had to have it. The sentiment perfectly describes the how lovely it is to rest for a while on a park bench, take in the peace, listen to the birds, and just chill. 

Hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend, whatever you are doing. Today is National Scrapbooking Day so I'm planning to spend the afternoon scrapbooking too ... it's the perfect excuse :) 

Happy Crafting,

9 comments:

Veerle said...

Oh Elizabeth i really love your card, it looks fabulous. Love those rain drops. Have a nice sunday afternoon,hugs
Veerle x

Jean said...

Oh Elizabeth I love the park bench stamp and the lovely card you have made with it.
Jean x

Di said...

Really great card Elizabeth and I do so love the park bench stamp you used. Perfect colours of course and Ryn's stamp goes so well!

I hope to schedule a little snippets post for next Sunday, with some additional prizes. As I said, Parsnip is on snoop duty - being overseen by Sarn :)

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Cor blimey . . . I didn't realise I had to supervise Parsnip as well! Just be a Prefect she said!!!!!

Loving this card Elizabeth and no wonder you just HAD to have that stamp . . . it's GREAT!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappymo! said...

This looks fabulous...the pop of the image and sentiment against that mustard cardstock is wonderful!

Carol L said...

I love this simple bench, and have a similar one on my front porch! I love rustic pieces of outdoor furniture like this, and those droplets look perfect! Great sentiment too! Good luck at the playground! We might need strict supervision with Di being away......you know how those naughty mice play when the cat's away :)

Marie-Louise said...

Such a fantastic card Elizabeth.

LesleyG said...

Love the park bench and sentiment, and water droplets, and colour combo, and layout, it's all fab! xxx

Hettie said...

That could have been today!! I missed sitting on my park bench today because of the rain!!
Loving the colour combo.
Hugs
xx