Monday 8 November 2021

Christmas Card Club Challenge - Cards 29 & 30

Hello Everyone,

Only a day late! I've spent the weekend reorganizing and cleaning the craftroom and somehow Saturday and Sunday just whooshed by.

It all started with my monitor. It's been malfunctioning for some time - it's just been going dead periodically throughout summer. It was easy enough fixed by unplugging, leaving for a few seconds and then plugging it in again. But there had to be more to it than that. And there was. It was the sun streaming in through the window overheating the back of the screen where the plug is situated. Yes, you read that right! The SUN! In Scotland! Proof, if any more was needed, of global warming. 

The answer was to turn my desk round so that the monitor is no longer in front of the window. Quicker said than done as everything under and around the desk had to be moved too. And, of course, all that upheaval led to the need to hoover and dust where nobody but the kitten had for many months dared to go. 

Now, that was a long-winded explanation for me posting these two cards today and not yesterday. Christine set a challenge for Christmas Wreaths this time. I'm still recycling cards received for Christmases past. You may need a magnifying glass to spot the wreaths but they are there. 



So that's it from me. I hope you are all well. I hope, too, you will pop over to see what my teammates have created for this fortnight's challenge. You'll find a list of their names and links on my right sidebar - as always their work is so much more creative than mine.

6 comments:

dutchess said...

Two great cards Elizabeth…and fabulous up cycling….so glad you managed to sort out the problem with your monitor…so much better than having to buy a new one!…..take care xxx

Christine Harrop said...

Two great cards Elizabeth - and I spotted the wreaths! Flipping technology - great when it works .... Christine xx

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely cards Elizabeth, beautifully designed. That was well done finding out what was causing the problem, and I'm sure your Autumn clean makes you feel better too, it's always a great achievement, Kate x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful cards x

Zoe Tant said...

Gorgeous cards Elizabeth. It's always a big task to clean and tidy the craft room but it's also fun to find things you had forgotten and the feeling of accomplishment is always good for the soul. of course keeping it tidy now is the challenge. Hugs Zoe x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I can see the wreaths! Two great cards using your upcycling skills Elizabeth.
Lorraine