Friday 26 November 2021

Friday Smiles

Hello Everyone,

It's been a while since I joined in with Annie's Friday Smiles. That's because I really found it difficult to find much to smile since April last year when Alan became so ill. 

However, more recently he seems to have turned a corner and is feeling and looking so much better and making really good progress. Life isn't the same for him but he's adjusting well to his disabilities, has taken up a new hobby to replace those he can no longer participate in, and is smiling again. I can see his sense of humour returning too and that's good reason to smile.

And this is his new hobby. He's always wanted to build a model railway but never had the time until now. I think he's making a fantastic job of it. 
And it will be no surprise for many of you that this little one makes me smile - a lot. We've had her since she was 8 weeks old and now she's a much bigger 8 months and very much one of the family. She's curious often, mischievous occasionally and great fun always. Today she has decided that it's much too windy to venture outside. If she was human she'd be having a pyjama day.

I hope you have enjoyed my smiles this week and will share yours too by linking them over at Annie's A Stitch In Time. Everyone is welcome to join in.

7 comments:

Annie said...

Oh Ellie this post really made me smile. What a gorgeous photo of Alan....he really does so much more like himself now and I really love his train set. What a clever man and what a lovely way to use his time.
I so thrilled life is looking up for you both because you are very special friends.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

It's been a while since we 'saw' you. And I'm glad that this is such a happy post. The photo of your dear Alan is lovely. What a smile!
I must compliment him on his model railway. It looks beautiful! Such a great hobby!
And your kitty is really posing isn't she. She's beautiful.
Thank you for joining us today.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

cuilliesocks said...

A lovely uplifting post Elizabeth, and how good to see Alan and hear that he is much better, it's been a long haul for the pair of you. Well done him in getting started with a hobby he's always wanted to do, and of course Silver is gorgeous, take care, Kate x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You definitely have a LOT to be smiling about. So nice you see your husband doing so well. And that new model railroad already looks great. He certainly seems to be enjoying this new hobby. And who among us doesn't really love seeing a new kitty in the home. So glad things are looking so positive in your world, Elizabeth.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm back now from teaching the card class to some friends. Teaching children was easier, they were better behaved! It's great to see Alan looking so happy and it's not surprising, the model railway is brilliant. Loving your kitty too. Stay safe and have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

LesleyG said...

I did indeed enjoy your smiles :) Lovely to see Alan looking so well, I do love model railways, and Silver looks adorable xxx

LA Paylor said...

resilience of spirit, that's the message here for Alan... what is one to do but try to cope? He's very handsome smiling. Your kitty is adorable,.. I LOVE cats but have so many allergies, and we have a loving standard poodle to complete our wee family. I LOVED your comment and thanks for visiting me. I hope you find time and energy to blog again and I'll get to know you better. I love crafts, and making art. I paint write and sew, but must do the baking now with covid still grasping our necks in the US. LeeAnna at not afraid of color