Tuesday 30 November 2021

Scrapbook Layouts - 32-34/2021 & St Andrew's Day

Hello Everyone

More scrap pages for the record. All three were made for Shimelle's Half and Half class. 

Distant Cousins

This is my cousin proudly holding her beautiful baby daughter at her christening in 1966. What makes them distant cousins is that the family moved from London to New York shortly after this event. Most of the materials are from Mind the Scrap kits but the black/white check paper is from the Range. 

Fabulous Fifties Fashion

The photos on this page were from an exhibition held at the Lanark visitor Centre. I've scrapped some photos from the exhibition before but I thought these went particularly well with the  papers I chose for the background of this layout. The embossed green cardstock, origin unknown, has been saved in my stash forever and the floral patterned paper is another that came in a Mind the Scrap kit. The clusters of circles were punched out with the only two Stampin' Up circle punches I own. I was very pleased to use a couple of fabric covered brads from Docrafts on this layout, at last.

Leave a Legacy

And this last is the saddest page made in all my 20 plus years of scrapping. I took this photo of my brother just a few weeks before he died of cancer when he was still alert and able to enjoy visits from family. The top photo is of his wife and oldest son who wouldn't appreciate their photos being splashed about the internet. All the materials used are from ancient stash, origin unknown though some definitely came from a local shop that is now closed. 

Tomorrow is, of course, December 1st and I plan to join in with Lisa Sikorski's December Sketch-a-Thon. If your intending to record all/some of the days before Christmas you might like to join in, details can be found on her Facebook site, Scrap A Sketch. It looks like fun - I do like a sketch to get me started. 

And finally before I go, 


Happy St Andrew's Day to all Scots around the world. Enjoy your supper of  haggis, mashed potato and neeps (aka turnip/swede depending which country you're in) 

Have a great day.


2 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Elizabeth, your pages are fabulous, lovely papers and layouts, Kate x

Sandra H said...

Lovely pages x