Wednesday 1 December 2021

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 652

Hello Everyone,

Happy first day of December. This is going to be as quick a post as I can make it because it's going to a be a busy day. 

I'm here to join in with Julia's very popular meme, WOYWW, over on her blog, the Stamping Ground. If you haven't joined in the fun yourself, but would like to, please do. For what to do see here. Julia, and all the deskers, will make you most welcome., I'm sure. 

And, after all that, here's what's on my desk this morning. 

It's not good today. A bit of muddle actually. I'm in the process of sorting through Christmas/Winter stuff to make up a kit for this month's Scrap Backwards challenges. I'm being really ambitious and hoping to scrap a page a day for the whole month! But with my track record it's asking a lot! Under the box there's the sticker sheet that I'm basing the kit on. It's old, one of the main requirements for Scrap Backwards challenges, and it's also very traditional, with lots of red and green in it. The box contains cutfiles, all of which are suitable for December pages. Underneath those two items is the Mind the Scrap kit for December which is too new to include in the kit. And next to that pile is a basket of old Christmas themed embellishments - perfect to include in the kit. In the background is a collection of items that I either hope to use, like the neglected Xyron sticker maker, metallic washi tapes, a huge roll of  cream lacy fabric which I find difficult to find a use for. The items in front of these, in the bowl and piled up by the side are simply frequently used and so essential.

Next is the kitten Silver pic for today. 
No, it's not the wrong way round. The photo was taken as she was looking up at me and planning what naughty thing she could get up to next. Most of her waking hours are spent in doing mischief. Fortunately, like most cats, she sleeps for around sixteen hours a day.

And finally the funnies,

I suspect this is what we have to look forward to this year. 
And maybe this is what we should settle for.

And for those of you who are not cat nuts, something completely different. 
Season's greetings to you all. 

Last week I managed to visit and comment on everyone and I intend to do the same this week though, because I've so much to do, it could take me a few days to get round you all. In the meantime, I wish you all a very happy WOYWW and a great week ahead.

11 comments:

Annie said...

Love the photo of Silver...definitely mischief is planned. The funnies made me chuckle.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love the Season’s Greetings, that made me laugh! What a heap of lovely festive things you’ve got on your desk today, have doing the challenge but don’t beat yourself up if you miss a day or two! It’s nice to have a focus to aim your crafting for though.
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Neet said...

Happy Advent!
Love the photo of Silver, she looks to have mischief in those eyes of hers. Awfully pretty though.
Lovely festive desk today and looks a bit more modern with all the pink in it.
Hugs, Neet 12 xx

Lindart said...

Silver is such a beautiful kitten, and just look at that sweet little face! When we decorate our tree we put the un-breakables on the bottom branches, that seems to keep Mittsy satisfied if she's in a playful mood. Inky doesn't seem to care, but she does like sleeping under the tree. We got an artificial tree many years ago because the cats don't tend to climb them. Christmas is such a wonderland for the cats! Such a big scrap challenge for December! I'm not sure I could keep up! It'll be hard enough to get my cards done! Happy WOYWW, Lindart #24

Twiglet said...

I love the seasons greetings!! Good luck with your sorting of bits and bobs for your challenge. I have been busy with straightforward sewing for 2 days and now I'm ready for a few crafty days of card making, I think. xx Jo

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the photograph of Silver. Great funnies, if you have a tree Silver is bound to climb it :). Happy WOYWW Angela #13

Helen said...

Silver is gorgeous - what a pose! Season's Greetings is fab... it took me a while (been working too hard today) Good luck with your scrapping challenge; not sure I could manage any crafting every day in December (or any other month come to think of it!!) Hugs. Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The cat tree is a good idea. I've never had a cat but a friend of ours was for ever finding their Christmas tree on the carpet after their cat tried to climb it! Good luck with the scrapping, look forward to seeing how you get on with it. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x16x

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the 'butter wouldn't melt' photo of Silver. Enjoy the latest scrap challenge Elizabeth. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Spyder said...


As always, Love the funnies and its making me think I should get the tree up! Did it really early the last two years...this year...agh? It can stay up in the attic a bit longer! I have three neglected Xyron sticker makers, two small ones and a larger one, that in the past I could not get refills for, now loads of people have told me where I can get them but the price is soooooooooooooooo much more than it was when I stopped looking for refills years back because they were a bit pricey. In some cases its over doubled! Anyway, I hope you have a great week, Stay safe! Happy late WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#25

Sandra H said...

Ooh super cutie as always l love your posts