Thursday 2 December 2021

December Scrapbook Layout - No. 1

Hello Everyone,

I hope this finds you well and keeping warm - unless, of course, you live in the southern hemisphere where you are probably trying to stay cool. 

Following on from my WOYWW post yesterday, I've decided to post the pages made in December daily rather than sharing them later when it could be way past the event. Here's the page for December 1st - all challenges and groups mentioned can be found on Facebook. 

It's based on Lisa Sikorski's sketch for Day 1 of her December Sketch-a-Thon. I tweaked the sketch to enable me to use the green cut-apart - it just had to go on the first page of the month. 

The photo is of the Christmas lights on Ayr High Street taken on my birthday at the weekend.

Everything used on the page is from the kit put together for the Scrap Backwards challenge this month. The oldest item is the 'Holiday Words' patterned paper from American Traditional Designs dated 2006! I'm chuffed to bits to have used it at last :) 

The flair in the lower cluster is from Dotty About Flair. There's three daily requirements all this month over on this group - for this month they are, paper layers, gold and a rainbow. I stamped and coloured the rainbow from the April Showers stamp set from Clearly Besotted. I forget where I got the gold enamel dots but it was a long time ago. 

Before I go, I just want to say that my thoughts go out to anyone who is still living without electricity. It's the sixth day for many and that's too long to live without heat, light and cooking facilities. In the meantime, I hope you're all managing to keep warm and stay safe. 

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

Great Page it’s cool where l am xx