Friday 7 December 2018

Friday Smiles

Hello Everyone

This first week of December has been a busy and fun one despite our very changeable weather and we have had lots of smiles to share over at Annie's at A Stitch In Time.

On the first of the month we went along to a Christmas Fair at the Conservatory in Belleisle Park, organised by three students from the local secondary school who are working towards their Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award.
The Conservatory has recently been restored and made a beautiful venue for the Christmas Fair. The girls choir from the school performed several of their favourite numbers. They have the voices of angels.


Monday we decided to take a trip up to Largs. It was a bright, sunny but bitterly cold day. The ferry was just coming in from Cumbrae when we arrived.
This is the Viking Boat at the Ferry Terminal. Largs celebrates it's associations with Vikings with a festival every year.

Spotted this sign and the gable end of the ice-cream shop and it did make us smile.


Finally, the trees and decorations are going up now. Here's Callum helping to hang the baubles on his tree.

Every year I treat our tree to a new bauble - this is the one I chose for 2018.

And had to get this shot of the EM struggling, as he does every year, to put up the bunting.


That's my smiles for the week. I'm off to the opticians soon so I'll catch up with your smiles later.

Hope you have a wonderful week with plenty to smile about too.

2 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving your photographs today. The conservatory is wonderful and great to see the girls organising such a lovely event. I agree with the Ice cream poster too and little Callum is so sweet. Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

Well I have finally got around to visiting everyone. I love to hear children singing, and school choirs are usually very good. All the Christmas events are reasons to smile in my book.
You boat trip looks good, with all those bright blue skies, even if it was very cold.
Every year I get a photo of my great-grandsons decorating their tree. They do love to be involved don't they.
I also buy a new decoration each year, though not necessarily a bauble. This year I bought some bits back from Denmark, and my son bought me a little person made from a dried nut, in the Manchester Christmas market. Nearly everything on my tree has some significance so I can't bear to part with any of them, but I can still always find space for the new one!. Kate x