Monday 31 December 2018

Post Christmas Blues

Hello Everyone,

It's not that I'm feeling post Christmas Blues. We've just booked an early summer break so quite the contrary. However, it occurred to me that now the Christmas festivities are over, and before the New Year fun begins, I should change this blog's header again. And I've gone for a wintry scene that is decidedly blue.
This time, instead of relying on Serif Craft Artist to do all the work, I made the background myself using a mix of inks, stamps, stencils and embossing powders.

Supplies used:
  • smooth white card trimmed to 8¼ x 3¼ inches
  • stencil - Imagination Craft's snowman scene - this is quite an old stencil which features snowflakes, a winter bare tree and a snowman which I omitted from the header.
  • VersaMark watermark stamp pad
  • embossing powders - Docraft's Seafoam White, Wow! Bark Regular and a set of Frantage Encrusted Enamels in Teal
  • ink pads - Memento's Espresso Truffle & Danube Blue
  • Denim Gentle Blend (Pinflair)
  • stamps: Winter Woodland - birds in branch; Forest Magic - rabbit; I cut a 'winter wonderland' stamp in two to use the word 'winter' on its own on the background
  • title was computer generated
In fact, I liked the finished background so much I thought it would make a great winter birthday card.
To make it, I simply created a base from smooth white card measuring 8½ x 4 inches, matted the header piece on to dark brown cardstock and added a birthday greeting, stamped in blue on white card and also matted on the same dark brown cardstock.

All that remains of 2018 is for me to say is that -

I wish you and yours 

Health, Wealth and Happiness in

2019


Happy New Year !




2 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oooh, I LOVE that background and card, gorgeous!! The early summer break wouldn't be around Shropshire way would it?! Lol x
Happy and healthy wishes for 2019 xx
Hugs LLJ xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful card...
Happy New Year!
:) Karen