Sunday 30 December 2018

Sunday Snippets & The Last of the Christmas Cards for 2018

Hello Everyone,

Well, that's Christmas 2018 over and done with and I hope that it was a good one for you. We enjoyed a quiet day together, cooking a very tasty lunch, exchanging presents, messaging/telephoning distant family and friends, and watching TV. A perfect day and, after the EM's most recent hospital episode, one for which I'm eternally grateful.

Needless to say there's been nothing done in the craft space for several days, but I do have a few last minute cards to share - the last for this year. Because it doesn't matter how organised I think I am, or how carefully I put together the list of cards to be made, there's always a few short. I try! Every year I try!

Anyway, here they are.
This is a real snippet make - definitely one for Pixie's Snippet Playground Challenge 342. The topper was made from a scrap of gold card embossed with a folder from the Winter Botanicals set by Sizzix and decorated with tiny green gems. It's backed on to a snippet of bright green card to create an insert for the dark green pre-cut card base. Gold sequins decorate two corners.

The next two were made from decoupage kits bought many moons ago - several years ago actually - from Docrafts Henbury Lane Poinsettia Collection Pack. 


It's amazing how much there is in one of these packs - and it's not finished yet! The gorgeous poinsettia patterned paper in the background was one I'd been treasuring but I finally let go. Well, it was just too perfect with those delightful toppers.

One of the reasons - goodness, the only reason - why I was making cards up to the last minute this year is because I left it too late to start! But all should be well for Christmas 2019 because I intend making at least one card a week from the first week in January. Not exactly a resolution, I don't make resolutions, more a challenge! I've done it in years past. I can do it again!

That's it for now. I'm off to give my desk a bit of a tidy up before starting on the next project.

Take care everyone and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

4 comments:

LesleyG said...

Beautiful cards Elizabeth, well done for using the paper, and I have good intentions too, we'll see! xxx

Liz said...

Three lovely Christmas cards, Elizabeth. My favourite is the first one, so elegant and classy. xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Beautiful cards Elizabeth, those 2019 cards will soon mount up if you plan on making one a week. If only I could be more focused. Wishing you and the family all the best for 2019 and a Happy & Healthy New Year. Take good care.
Creative wishes Tracey x

Di said...

All three cards are lovely Elizabeth! And I do so love the snippets one - the gold embossed panel looks so rich.

I find having a counter of Christmas cards made on my blog sidebar is a great reminder to keep up. Ha, unless Dudley has other ideas of course!

Happy New Year. And here's to a very healthy one for you and Alan as well!

Hugs

Di xx