Thursday 9 January 2014

Wise Owl - A Challenge Card

Evening/Morning All

This is the second of the posts that I neglected to publish ... call it a senior moment!!! As you might guess from the intro it was written up on Sunday, holiday's end.

Well, that's the decs down and packed away for another year ... Christmas is officially over at our house and I'm sorry it's all over - only another 354 days to the next one! I've really enjoyed the holiday this year despite, or perhaps because of, being without wheels! But now that it's all over, I'm actually finding some time to do some crafting! Now that is something to be happy about :)
It's a wee while since I submitted anything to Jill's Craft Challenge over on the Docrafts site, but I couldn't resist this week's which is based on this sketch.
Once again I've dipped into my Pollyanna Pickering kit for the topper, greetings and papers ... love this owl image and the black/white polka dotted paper.

I created the circular topper by cutting two circles of patterned paper using the two largest dies from X-cut's Nesting Circle set and then layering them off-centre to ensure that the image would not be covered by the flower embellishment - the base of which was cut using the middle die in X-cut's Nesting Bloom set.


Materials used:
  • 6"square Kraft card base
  • Pollyanna Pickering topper, greetings and papers
  • Docrafts Vintage Notes fabric tape and crochet flower
  • Docrafts X-Cut Nesting Dies, Circles and Bloom
  • black ProMarker - for edging papers
  • embellishments -  amber crystal gems; buttons from stash
I'd better call this a day, the Boss is being very vocal. Nagging, in fact! She thinks I should be in bed so she can curl up beside me for the night. You wouldn't think that she's slept most of the day already ... the rain has kept her indoors (again this was written on Sunday when it did rain) with nothing better to do than nap and dream of spring I think :)

Take care and stay safe and have a marvellous Monday.

3 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Elizabeth,

I'd say you nailed it on this one! I am in love with owls too so this is extra special.

We certainly could use some rain - on whichever day it would come. My two dogs sometime leave me alone in the living room and go up to bed on their own. Animals are so funny and so good for us!

Hugs,
Kay

scrappymo! said...

I like the kraft and black and white. It looks great todether. And of course I love the Owl too!

Great take on their sketch!

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, love the layout and the PP image :o)
Jackie xx